WHOP Championship Mega Satellite

• wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      This is for new players only, right? On their site it says that you have to opt-in, but in the lobby it only says that you have to deposit. Which one is it? I'm asking because I opted in on 17th, but it said that you have to do it before, so I'm not sure it counts. And I can't ask on support, because it doesn't work.

Besides that, are there any codes for first deposit atm?
  • 8 replies
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      I'm having trouble with their support. First time they are avaible since last week when I first tried contacting them, and now they say I can't play in this.

I'm quiting Ciara from support:
      The tournament will be held today, even if you will make a deposit today you are still not eligible for this.

After some looong discussion why am I not eligible, we managed to clear that I opted in, but now she is telling me this. At one time, she even tried telling that I should make my deposit ON beginning of the month(meaning 1st October). WTF Anyway, here is what it says in their conditions on the site:

Only New Players to William Hill Poker are eligible to play in the "New Player" Mega Satellite. The New Player Mega Satellite will be held Saturday October 22nd and will include all new players that have opted in before October 17th (23:59) and made their first deposit since the beginning of the month. Players that have played with William Hill Poker previously on either cash tables or cash tournaments will not be eligible to participate in this qualifier.
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      So we managed to find out that the problem is:

Ciara:
      Even if you have deposited today, it will not be updated in time.

I would have deposited before, but the conditions for this were very unclear. On their site it only says that you have to opt-in, but in the tournament lobby it only says that you have to deposit. I tried clearing that with support, but they were unavailable. I even send them a mail on Monday, but they still haven't answered.
      Can I do something about this? Tournament starts in 4 hours. :f_cry:
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Sorry for posting this again, but I really need some help. The tournament starts in 3 hours and I want to know if i can do something.

Originally posted by wizo656
      I'm having trouble with their support. First time they are avaible since last week when I first tried contacting them, and now they say I can't play in this.

I'm quiting Ciara from support:
      The tournament will be held today, even if you will make a deposit today you are still not eligible for this.

After some looong discussion why am I not eligible, we managed to clear that I opted in, but now she is telling me this. At one time, she even tried telling that I should make my deposit ON beginning of the month(meaning 1st October). WTF Anyway, here is what it says in their conditions on the site:

Only New Players to William Hill Poker are eligible to play in the "New Player" Mega Satellite. The New Player Mega Satellite will be held Saturday October 22nd and will include all new players that have opted in before October 17th (23:59) and made their first deposit since the beginning of the month. Players that have played with William Hill Poker previously on either cash tables or cash tournaments will not be eligible to participate in this qualifier.
      Originally posted by wizo656
      So we managed to find out that the problem is:

Ciara:
      Even if you have deposited today, it will not be updated in time.

I would have deposited before, but the conditions for this were very unclear. On their site it only says that you have to opt-in, but in the tournament lobby it only says that you have to deposit. I tried clearing that with support, but they were unavailable. I even send them a mail on Monday, but they still haven't answered.
      Can I do something about this? Tournament starts in 4 hours. :f_cry:
      So after Ciara, I talked a bit with Drew. He tried to convince me that I should have made my deposit beginning October(he kept forgetting using since), which according to him is from 1st to 9th. I told him to tell me where does it say in the conditions, but he kept repeating the same thing over and over. I have also made my first deposit and I want to know what can I do about it. I'm tired of trying to convince the support that I am eligible.

Btw, the tournament offers 50 35+3,50$ tickets for the whop next week. There are 55 registered atm. Can I do anything to be one of them? :s_cry:

http://poker.williamhill.com/promotions/whop-championship/whop-2011/
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Ok, talking to Maisie now. She's trying to convince me that

In order for the new sign-ups to be eligible to join to the $50,000 WHOP Mega Satellite, they shoud have opted in before October 17th (23:59) and made their first deposit since the beginning of the month.

is actually hidden somewhere in

She just kindly rephrased it, to make it clearer for me. :f_love:

I mean, what kind of an idiot do they think I am? I heard that WH support is bad, but this... I'm speechless. :f_o:
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Ok, there are 71 people registered atm and I am one of them. :f_biggrin:
      It took some convincing, but Maisie came through. :f_love:
      She forwarded the matter and they issued me the token manually. Apparently the system didn't think I was eligible, although technically I was. Could've told me right away though, no need for stupid excuses. WH support have a long way to go imo(and all of iPoker, for that matter). At some other site the problem would be dealt with much less complications. Thank God I was so persistent. All is well that ends well, though. :s_cool:
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      what?
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Ok, got the ticket. I registered immediately so there wouldn't be any problems. :s_biggrin:

Now that I am calm I see that this post is a bit chaotic. I was nervous before and wanted to get things done fast because i didn't have a lot of time. So I posted some information from my previous thread to this one, as I hoped that it would get more views and a faster response from someone who could help me. In the process, I forgot to mention some important things, such as what am I talking about. :f_biggrin:
      So here is the short version:
      I wanted to register to WHOP mega freeroll:
      http://poker.williamhill.com/promotions/whop-championship/whop-2011/
      I opted in before and planned to make a deposit today. After loooong talks with 3 different support guys and them trying to convince me that my deposit isn't eligible and me claiming otherwise, they manually gave me a token to the event where I got a ticket to WHOP main event next week.

THE END
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi wizo656,

hmm... yes, that was indeed quite a confusing story.

anyway, i am glad that it eventually worked out. good luck in your tourney!

smiles,
      wendy

ps i will merge your threads together as there's no point having duplicates. :)