[NL2-NL10] NL 4 AKs

Bronze
      Hi,
      I am just wondering about my call on the flop when the CO re-raised all-in. I had seen him call a large bet with a weak king a few hands previously when there was similar action to this hand pre-flop. I know there are plenty of straights and two-pair combinations out there but I felt my aces top kicker was good and I at least had a gutshot and backdoor flush for a few outs.
      Any thoughts?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $4.05
      MP1:
      $2.19
      MP2:
      $3.26
      MP3:
      $7.33
      CO:
      $8.37
      BU:
      $4.07
      SB:
      $4.11
      BB:
      $4.39
      UTG1:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 3 folds, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.38) A, Q, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.45, CO raises to $8.21, Hero calls $3.44.

Turn: ($12.48) 2 (2 players)

River: ($12.48) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.48.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and twos(K A).
      CO shows two pairs, aces and twos(A 9).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and twos(K A).
      CO wins with two pairs, aces and twos(A 9).
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I would not check raise here tbh. You already have the initiative preflop I would just c-bet as normal it is easier to balance as well (not that this is that important at NL10).

Also I think it is especially important to c-bet if you have seen him call a large bet with a weak hand.I would probably bet/call if you think he is LP or something. This way you can get value from weaker pairs and draws. Just because you have seen him call with a weak hand does not mean when villain check raises that he does not have a strong hand.

If for instance this player was a solid TAG or NIT I think you would be wasting money calling big check raises all in.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 0744379,

Check/Raise is totally overplayed here, I mean do you really think a lot worse are going to Call here? Unless he is a huge station he wont just Call you with worse. Definitely rather CB it and reevaluate further actions.

But as you go for a Check/Raise then obvious we ain't gonna turn our hand into bluff.

Best Regards.