Pursuit of France

• phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      As the Title says, this will be about limit holdem, Short handed more accurately.

This will be my second blog in poker strategy english community and i will once again write a short introduction about myself.

I am from a small country with 3 million poor people East of Europe near the Baltic [shitty] sea. It is called Lithuania. Everybody is crazy for basketball here, but not me, hell yeah I'm different. I am from the small metal community here, so leather and combat boots are my best friends at winter. I am currently 19 years old studying Food engineering and technology and trying to be at least somewhat ok at my passion: Bouldering

My main goal will be getting enough money for next years trip to Fontainebleau. The cost isn't big, it is ~1.5K$, for which i have 9 months. Yes that is not a lot, and i will definitely beat it, so everything else will go to secondary goals.

I will try to update this blog at least every week, as it really does take a lot of time, but i feel like it does help me.

Another thing i will be doing is playing live MTTs/MTSNGs on Saturdays, which are kind of qualifiers to EPTs, mostly it will be for fun, but who knows :s_cool:

That will probably be enough for now, all goals will be posted for the next month when it begins.
  • 196 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Now that's a bummer

Went for a session review this morning and got owned by pokerstrategy, you can post only 10 hand histories per day, holy crap, well then that will be my limit.

Now will go eat something and 2-3 hour grindament, then i have shitloads of boring homework to do and then will put in another 3-6 hour grind, so we'll see how it goes.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Just came home from a live MTT called "Rafes", and I was pretty disappointed, the structure was just awful, starting stack 5k, blinds 25/50 and they go up every 20 mins, 151 participants in day 1C, so pretty much you can play about 10-15 hands with normal semi deep stacks.

In the time of ~50 mins I played 3 hands, which I am ok with, first one was overlimp w/ 22, no set no bet

The other one was JJ openraise 3,25x UTG, got cold called and then loose passive fish squeezes, so I instantly mucked.

And in the third one the blinds were 50/100, 2 fish limp UTG I raise 6x(stack ~3,7k) got called in 1 spot, flop comes Q :diamond: J :diamond: 2 :heart: , I cbet 1k and he ships it, so its quite an easy call after my cbet, so he shows QTo and I brick.

Now a bit about FL online, haven't really played a lot these days, but I have 2 projects running, have to make a video for Boomer2k10 and then will probably have a live coaching soon with TerrorBlade in which I will be playing live :f_cool: hopefully these two will help me improve my game a lot :) .

And another thing to point out, is that I'm going to have a meal now and then will try to put in descent volume through the night.

Bye bye mates
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Yesterday went to the weekly live tournament, busted again, only 1 interesting hand happened though the day.

I'm on the MP1 with about 12k chips with AA blinds 50/100, i raise 3x(which i now know is a mistake, should make 4-5x) but whatever, got 4 calls, so the pot is 1,5k, flop comes JJ4ss, donkey from BB donks out 2k(he is unknown, played only about 10-15 hands with him), i think for a while and fold.

Didn't think it was such a good spot + 3 players behind me. Afterwards on the showdown BB shows KQ for overs+backdoor flush draw :f_cool:

In the end, i put in my 13k stack with QT on 89J vs J9 and Q2(flushdraw) and he got there.

PROJECT

As many of you might have seen there are some people trying to satellite into the unibet riga open, so i decided, that i will invest 200 euro into it. If i don't get it, well, shit happens.

+I will be playing some tournaments in my hometown and trying to satellite into http://www.superpokerevent.com/

Hopefully i can get some of these going :)

FIXED LIMIT

Have been trying to improve a lot these days, posting hands, calculating equities, etc, and now i am rolled for 1/2, so i might take a 50BB shot today+ i have already sent my video to Boomer2k10, can't wait to get some analysis. That's it for now
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      well obviously the worst cards had to hit, so i am exactly down 50BB, back to 0,5/1...
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Let the games begin! Got my 200 euro yesterday, so today i see at least 3 sat, so going to try them out.

Now yesterday i made quite a big decision, after i clear another 1100 VPPs i will be moving my whole roll to party poker, and there are a few reasons to it:

1)i will be getting SPs and if i estimated correctly i will be getting about 3,5k/month, so according to my calculations, i will be black member in just 12 years :D :D

2)i will get a first deposit bonus. which is anyways +ev

3)maybe even better tables?

so yeah, after today i will ad my graph for FLHE :f_cool:
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      "Went for a session review this morning and got owned by pokerstrategy, you can post only 10 hand histories per day, holy crap, well then that will be my limit."

[X] Studying well.

I'm looking forward to our public private session next week ;)

Also, where's that graph?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Here come the graphs guys, so this month(rather week, or 1,5 weeks, i lost only 8,8 BB, which i think is descent, counting that i ran horrible in the beginning+i am still learning)

Hopefully the next month those stakes change sides and i run hot at 1/2 ;)

I am playing now the sats to Unibet Riga, already shipped a 60euro one and 27,5 one, if i ship the 110 from the 27,5 one i am playing now, the is a final a bit later in the day, so i will play it. Wish me luck, which i obviously need :f_cool:
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Hey phantommm, what experience did you have in FL before you started playing 50c/1$?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hi man, just out of curiousity, what made you change ur game from NL to FL? I know many ppl who went from FL to NL, but not so much the other way around..
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Alficor1--->wanted something new and it just hooked me up :heart:

TerrorBlade--->pretty close to 0, maybe donked a few hundred hands like a year ago
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I just find it interesting that you start at such a high stake for a beginner, typically people start at 10/20c, but if you had made a big BR before hand (1k$) then it's fine.

If your BR is 500$ or less I'd probably recommend playing 25/50c 'cause variance at FL SH can be really high and maybe it'd be safer until you get a grip on the game?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      yeah, i take shots at 1k, so it's kind of going around 950$. Yeah i will be taking a 400-500 BB BRM, so no worry :f_cool:

And about starting at lower stakes, i just find it better for me to play where money means to me, otherwise, i don't review hands ever and just autopilot
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      GL brother lithuanian! Will be following your progress :f_cool:
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      i just love spewy regs, was reviewing my hands and wondered over this one, after witch you can see, that there is easily money to be made :s_cool:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      Limit Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($37.80)
      BB ($16.65)
      Hero ($32.85)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 7:spade:

Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($3.50) 4:heart: 8:spade: J:spade:

SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $0.50

TURN ($7.50) 4:heart: 8:spade: J:spade: 3:spade:

SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $1

RIVER ($15.50) 4:heart: 8:spade: J:spade: 3:spade: A:heart:

SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $1

SB shows T:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 42%, Flop 33.5%, Turn 2.3%)

Hero shows A:spade: 7:spade:
      (Pre 58%, Flop 66.5%, Turn 97.7%)

Hero wins $23
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      bleeeaaah already put in 2k hands and i'm down ~90BB, but i'm loosing a lot of showdowns, so it's at least a bit of run bad, will be grinding a lot tomorrow in the evening, now off to some bouldering, at last :f_love:
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Some news for the following week:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROP BET TIME

my friend is probably going to accept the bet i offered him, the rules kind of sound like this:

1)whoever does more pull-ups in a week, will win it, doesn't matter if you do 1 or 100 at a time.

2)i am giving him 3:1 odds, as i am more fit+i think i'm a bit more masochist, so i can push myself a bit further

mainly it's not about the money, but more about the psychological factor, of pushing myself to improve and get fitter+crushing my friend obviously :s_cool:

My plan would be 700+, so only 100/day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNIBET OPEN RIGA

I still have about 100 euros left and few tickets, so the next week will focus on it too, it's either ship it or broke. Been running really terrible in 55 BI, so hopefully will run good at 255 ;)

FIXED LIMIT

So in the end i managed to deposit at party and it's quite good, i mean the player pool is definitely awesome, haven't really seen a bad table.

Now my main question is weather is it profitable to play at bad beat jackpot tables? my guess would be that form 2/4, 3/6 it should be good, just because more fish come on those tables and the extra rake charged doesn't hurt you that much+you can get a bonus :] for now i will definitely stick away from them.

I took another shot at 1/2 and i was again -50BB, hell yeah i rule :D

Another eye opener is that i was looking through a lot of hand evaluations and saw a lot of math geniuses out there, now i do feel like such a :f_eek: i still have a lot to learn from everybody, cheers
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      There is a certain point at which the bad beat jackpot tables are technically EV+ but the variance is so high I probably would rather keep the extra 50c per pot and add it to my BR so I can move up quicker you know?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      yeah, but we have to factor in the fishyness of the tables, as i would assume that at 2/4 3/6 the fish to reg ration is worse, so it might be ok. Maybe you know that number? :D

And another point, paying ,5 when avg pot is like 4 bucks hurts more than ,5 when avg pot is 15 bucks.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Assuming you play 30% of hands, showdown 40% of those and win 50% of those pots, every 100 hands you're expected to take down 6 pots, according to my probably horrendous approximation/flat out wrong math, at 2/4$ that's an extra 0.75BB/100 of rake you'll be paying, pretty significant, about an extra 25%?

So if it really is like 3-4+ really big fish I can see that making up for it =)