My advice

• lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Here's my story:

Playing on 888 for two weeks. Client is very good and network is fishfull. All you need to start earning $.

First MTT I've played was $500 First Depositors freeroll. I Finished 6th with 15$ profit.
      Next morning I entered $1000Gtd turbo deep for 2.75$. And, as you could read in my other thread, i shipped 1st place for 300$.
      Wow what a surprise. Tourneys full of fishes, me playing A game, a bit of luck winning AJvsAK showdown right after the bubble, and that was only lucky pick i took.

After I shipped that tourney I cashouted 100$ and continued to play mtts.
      And that's the spot where everything changed. I am very sorry that somehow my pt3 db doesn't work from this morning (dunno what happened) but these are the facts of my game after shippment/cashout:
      I can't win one single hand for 5 days.

Played 63 tournaments (turbo,6min blinds,8min, 12min, 15min)exactly:

Lost showdowns:
      AAvsK8 - 2x
      AAvsJJ - 1x
      AAvs77 - 1x
      TTvs66 - 1x
      AKs vs ANY - 12 times
      AKo vs ANY - 7 times
      AQs vs 56o - 1x
      AQs vs 22 - 1x
      ATs vs JQs/o - 1x
      AJs vs KQs/o - 10x
      QQ vs JJ - 1x
      -----------------
      =38

Most of these hands were called totally out of position and most of them I lost on the river hitting one of one, one of two, one of three or one of four outs!!!!

All these showdowns I have on my 888 client and I hope I will recover my pt3 database just to post some of these hands and that you can see my graph.
      Dunno for sngs, maybe 63 consecutive bad beats are normal (ftw but whatever) but when you play MTT and build your game through time, this is just a nonsense.

So my advice for now would be --> register account on 888, deposit sum $$$ and win sum tourneys because they are extremely easy.
      Than cashout that $, uninstall 888 and forget that you ever played it.

I can't say that shit is rigged, it's just frustrating to watch videos 2-3 hours daily, improve your strategy and then let the river takes it all.

Good luck

p.s. I hope I'll recover my db to post graphs and some really funny hands.

Lenny
  • 21 replies
    • s3xas
      s3xas
      Global
      i tottaly agrre with you. i am playing at 888poker 6 months, in first 3 months i cash out about 400$ and deposited 1 time, in last 3 months i cash out 0 times and deposited about 3 times. i was playing only mtts from 1.10$ till 2.20$, my bankroll always was 100$ or more, now he is 0$ so i hawe to deposited one more time.....
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      'Playing on 888 for two weeks'.

Thats pretty much sums it up .
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by s3xas
      i tottaly agrre with you. i am playing at 888poker 6 months, in first 3 months i cash out about 400$ and deposited 1 time, in last 3 months i cash out 0 times and deposited about 3 times. i was playing only mtts from 1.10$ till 2.20$, my bankroll always was 100$ or more, now he is 0$ so i hawe to deposited one more time.....
      Actually I was just waiting for someone to reply with same suspicion! Here's the reason why:
      I suspected this shit is possible before 5 days. After that I persuaded my friend to try same thing. And he deposited few $ and we followed my process:
      1st he played $500 First Depositors Freeroll and he finished 2nd (75$).
      Next morning, he entered 1000$Gtd Turbo Deep (same as i won few days ago) and guess the results?
      He shipped 1st place for 330$

After that, same thing like me...

too many coincidences we must agree...
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkod80
      'Playing on 888 for two weeks'.

Thats pretty much sums it up .
      Does two weeks/10h a day/~80 MTTs satisfy you?
    • s3xas
      s3xas
      Global
      then i was winning i was playing lots of time. now i start playing only freerols on 888poker it is five day then i am playing and my profit is 0.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      thats why they call em donkaments , as ya mentioned before ya lost a couple of AK s , actually vs ak any two has a decent equity .I guess ya can find these kind of stories on each and every site, keep playing ur A game as before , whining wont help anyways.
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imbahness
      whining wont help anyways.

I know man but its frustrating....
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      btw 80 tournament is by no way a sample.

try a few Ks and then talk about variance. In tournament you need a serious luck to ship one. If you can't handle the variance then a play a type of game with less variance. However there is always the element of luck in poker in the short term and whatever game you choose there will be variance.

If you cant accept that over the long term your Aces will lose 20/100 times and might be a lot more over the short term for example then my advice is not to play. Every site will be the same.

Regards

Thazar
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      btw 80 tournament is by no way a sample.

try a few Ks and then talk about variance. In tournament you need a serious luck to ship one. If you can't handle the variance then a play a type of game with less variance. However there is always the element of luck in poker in the short term and whatever game you choose there will be variance.

If you cant accept that over the long term your Aces will lose 20/100 times and might be a lot more over the short term for example then my advice is not to play. Every site will be the same.

Regards

Thazar

No no no. You don't understand maybe or maybe I did not explain it very good. What I wanted to say is that in more than 3k of hands i didn't have the nuts. Nor folded or called to showdown! NO FLUSH, NO STRAIGHT NO NOTHING.
      And please understand, i'm not on tilt or something. I'm just really serious about patterns that can be easily noticed in game analysis.

I respect the variance but I cannot agree with you that you need serious luck to ship the tournament. If that would be true than everyone would be a profitable poker player, which we know is not true. Thats the reason why we visit coachings every day and why we read so much about strategy and all the tricks that can help you to be success player.

Sometimes when you play the tournament you must fold for so long that you are being eaten with blinds and then when you hit premium cards, someone takes you with gutshot or even more stupid call. That's what I call variance and that is so much possible on a daily basis.
      But to call "10 days no nuts" variance would be just lying to myself. And when I say no nuts I really mean that. NO ANY SHOWDOWN WON.

I'm playing tournaments only for almost two years and I never had 80 consecutive blowups. I belive thats not the variance but sum serious shitwork. Maybe I'm just dreaming but i felt soooooo good yesterday when i went to pokerstars and won two mttsngs from the first shot...

Lenny
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      wow! thanks guys for sharing! :heart:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I respect the variance but I cannot agree with you that you need serious luck to ship the tournament. If that would be true than everyone would be a profitable poker player, which we know is not true. Thats the reason why we visit coachings every day and why we read so much about strategy and all the tricks that can help you to be success player.

I don't understand your reasonning? a lot of luck does not mean every one would be a winner (example lottery). the variance is very dependent of the blind structure. You can have a great understanding of the game and have an edge in tournament over other players and that will make oyu a winner OVER THE LONG TERM. however that edge dimminishes with a faster blind structure.

Live blind structure for big MTTs are generally much much slower and hence great players can manage to have a much greater edge. But online tournament are generally much faster and although you still can have an edge the luck element is greater. however you can generally put in a much greater volume to compensate. Also BTW the cards you are dealt are also part of the variance.
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      I agree with you. What was I trying to say is that if you (for i.e.) deal the cards for 9 players and five table cards for lets say 500 times, and you're taking notes about who won every draw, what are the chances that one (or even more I dunno) players will have 0 wins? I believe its near 0%. That is how I understand the variance. So if you repeat that test for 6 times and you compare results, I believe none of these 9 players will have 0 wins in any of 6 draws. Maybe you can even apply law of big numbers on that case (I dunno is it that said in english) that will tell you that that's not possible...

I dunno, I would say that these are just my angry words but deeper analysis of every tourney i have played prove just opposite. NO NUTS! :D

Lenny
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      omg stop moarning and get back to tables :D
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkod80
      omg stop moarning and get back to tables :D
      I am back... just on other platform :s_cool:
    • iCallSick1
      iCallSick1
      Bronze
      Guess I was lucky to get the free 8 bucks and run it up to 500 and cash out and delete the site lol,

I went deep in alot of mtts there, to loose to a idiot and finally said to myself, Im leaving this site up money!
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      i approve this thread
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Just lol. Why would you leave a site thats full of fish and easy to win on.Get a grip man.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      3K hands ... ohnoes ... 80 tournies ... how can that be ... 10 days no nuts ... gasp ... honestly OP guy try 6 weeks and 4k down playing tournies ... twice in one year ... all together over 4k MTTs ... and I'm sure some online players went down far longer and far deeper. My sample is over 30k MTTs. If u want to make it with MTTs get ready for some longish dry spells or just forget about it.
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      3K hands ... ohnoes ... 80 tournies ... how can that be ... 10 days no nuts ... gasp ... honestly OP guy try 6 weeks and 4k down playing tournies ... twice in one year ... all together over 4k MTTs ... and I'm sure some online players went down far longer and far deeper. My sample is over 30k MTTs. If u want to make it with MTTs get ready for some longish dry spells or just forget about it.

Geez man if i would be a loosing player like that, I would definitely found some other ways to earn $ than to sit like an idiot and lose $ on fishes. In last year I have earned on poker more than I would earn by programming for others or freelancing around and (which is my professional occupation), you say what you want but as i said before ->
      this streak is not my downsing, bad beat or variance but some serious shitwork by 888. And I really don't fuck about 200$ (or so) that I returned to fishes on 888 because I'm still 120$ in +. Naming the subject of this thread "MY ADVICE" had other purpose but me whining about my losing streak.

gg and gl on 888. The dumbest poker room ever.

EOT

Lenny