NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.54)
      BB ($10.43)
      UTG ($13.07)
      UTG+1 ($17.14)
      CO ($1.15)
      Hero ($10.71)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: T:heart:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, SB calls $1.05, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.65) K:club: 3:diamond: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, SB calls $1.90

TURN ($6.45) K:club: 3:diamond: T:club: Q:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $3.45, SB calls $3.45

RIVER ($13.35) K:club: 3:diamond: T:club: Q:spade: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.09 (AI)

UTG 16/13/2.3 fold to 3bet 88 (8) 517 hands

SB 42/2/0.6 66 hands

what do you think about turn? I though he has small ammount left so I bet myself and try to get valu from some weaker Tx and FD and I don't want to call the river when such passive player donks.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Well, why do you 3bet in first place? I mean he will never Call you with worse and your Ace will be just so often dominated and you could put yourself into marginal spots. Rather just Call and play postflop, even that is better while you have loose players behind you.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, I don't like the 2nd barrel at all there, what hands do you expect him to fold? At the best I'd just CB the flop and then most likely just give it up and let it be. Couple of hands like QJ or whatsoever are never folding there anyways which are also in his range.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Well, why do you 3bet in first place? I mean he will never Call you with worse and your Ace will be just so often dominated and you could put yourself into marginal spots. Rather just Call and play postflop, even that is better while you have loose players behind you.

I 3bet because this player folds to 3bets a lot until now and generaly such players think that its very strong when I 3bet vs UTGs range. Plus I have blocker. So its good if I can force to fold some pocket pairs, AJ, AQ and even if someone calls, I have position. And the SB might even call with some trash, so its for value.

what hands do you expect him to fold?
      I don't expect to fold stronger hands. I expected to even get calls from weaker ones. But probably there are more better hands for which I will pay off, than weaker which will call me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I 3bet because this player folds to 3bets a lot until now and generaly such players think that its very strong when I 3bet vs UTGs range. Plus I have blocker. So its good if I can force to fold some pocket pairs, AJ, AQ and even if someone calls, I have position. And the SB might even call with some trash, so its for value.

And what's the idea if you hit the Ace? :D Or a T? :) Which boards at all will secure even a win for you ever?

I don't expect to fold stronger hands. I expected to even get calls from weaker ones. But probably there are more better hands for which I will pay off, than weaker which will call me.

Weaker ones? From a nitty guy? I am listening, which hands...
    • YorkshirePudding
      YorkshirePudding
      Bronze
      He may fold to a lot of three-bets but there are not many players who are raising UTG to fold to a three-bet from my experience, unless they are a complete fish!

As played I take a stab at the pot on the flop and once called I am completely shutting down.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      And what's the idea if you hit the Ace? Or a T? Which boards at all will secure even a win for you ever?

To bet one street and give up :D because of course I cannot play this Ax as value, if I get called, then I will get called by only a strong hand, probably QQ+. So maybe not even bet, but just call one street if he bets. Or if he does not bet flop and turn, then its possible to bet and get call from QQ. BUt on the other hand - even QQ will 4bet there often, so there is not much situations where I have to play after flop. Or unles I hit monster, just give up, becasue his fold to 3bet at least until now is huge, so if he plays, he plays KK+, and even if I hit ace it will be too expecive to find out. So jsut for fold equity. I read that we can bluff with small suited aces, becasue those are easier to lay down. But we can treat ATs as small suited ace and lay down it as we would A2s.
      Only the other problem might be some tilt which would cost a lot.

Weaker ones? From a nitty guy? I am listening, which hands...

SB 42/2/0.6 66 hands

proabably I don't need to tell which hands now :D
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      He may fold to a lot of three-bets but there are not many players who are raising UTG to fold to a three-bet from my experience, unless they are a complete fish!

Unless I am bluffing him a lot, he cannot play his KQ, KJ, AQ, AJ, ATs for sure. Ok, with small PPs - again calling sucks for him, unless fish in blinds call, because he is OOP, and its harder to get a full stack. But if he thinks that I have very strong range, then he might call. But still, I don't think its very likely, as I said unless one more player calls. So he should only continue Ak, QQ+, maybe JJ+
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      To bet one street and give up

Doesn't make sense, then you could as well just Check till river, you ain't making any better hand to fold, neither you are getting value from worse. ;)