Need Help in a Situation

• stamdmark
      SnG-MTT $ 2.50 (180 Players) pokerstars
      1000/2000 No-Limit Hold'em, Ante 200 (6 Players left)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T ♥, T ♣
      3 fold,
      BU raises 16000 to 18000, SB calls ( (AI)), Hero folds

i though that someone should have an overpair here so i folded ...finally one had A8 (button) and the SB had 88...
      was my decision false and why? thanks in advance...
  • 4 replies
    • Xeonz123
      It depends on stack sizes and the players images, as its fairly late in the tornement and your playing 6h handed poker you need to think about survival and chances are your 10s and best . With everyone folding to the button and him opening up with a raise , you can put him on a blind steal as its quite a standard play however if that player is tight you should tread cautions . If the sb doesn't call you should call all in however as it was 6 player and the risks of playing 3 handed with a large raise and the chances of over cards on a board is likely I would have also folded and hope one is knocked out and you can progress to the money.

Betsizing is also a key factor , the blinds are 1000/2000 and the BU raises to 18000 , this is a huge over bet betting 9x the BB this should be sending alarms that he's stealing from the button . Overall if SSB doesn't call you should go all in .this is my views I'm only been for 4months so take my views with a pinch of salt
    • dogma18
      tens are so far ahead of raising range and also small blind calling range, usually smaller pairs or suited aces. I dont think you can ever fold here, reshove everytime and expect to be fav. You plays these 180's for top three finishes. I think this is a spot where the reward far outweighs the risk
    • thazar
      Hi stamdmark

You also have to take into consideration the payout structure. What is hte difference between 6th and 5th. IF the difference is big you might want to consider folding otherwise shoving on top is probably best. but stack size would be a good help and also any read you might have.

I also moved you thread to the MTT strategy talks

• IngridN
      Hi guys,

I've moved your thread to the appropriate board.