[NL2-NL10] AK OOP against super loose and tag

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      mp 222 hands 44/41/14,3 3bet/ super loose player
      bu 3,7k hands/ 18/16/5,8 3bet/ 66 cbet

BU is kind of tight but good player who doesn't give stacks lightly. I decide to call his 3bet because I'm sure mp is joining us. When he doesn't I'm surprised and this kind of sucks.

Now I see he has 5,8 3bet which is TT+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ range. Should I 4bet to $3,50 and go broke?

On flop I'm giving up.
      On turn I decide to go for c/r. I'm sure his 3bet range doesn't include A9, A6 or A3. He could have flush, but if he bets I'm sure he has some PP or some A. And if he has A, we either split with AK or he has :diamond: with A.

Is this kind of player slowplaying set?
      Is donking $2 on the turn good option or is c/r better?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.05)
      Hero ($10.44)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($12.21)
      CO ($22.47)
      BTN ($12.27)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, fold, BTN raises to $1.30, fold, Hero calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.05) 9:diamond: 6:club: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($3.05) 9:diamond: 6:club: 3:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.85, Hero raises to $4.60, BTN raises to $10.97 (AI), Hero calls $4.54 (AI)

RIVER ($21.33) 9:diamond: 6:club: 3:diamond: A:diamond: 9:club:

BTN shows A:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 13.5%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero shows A:spade: K:heart:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 86.5%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero wins $19.91
  • 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I think that i am 4betting here because i don't want to play oop the rest of hand.

Turn is very difficult to play but i think that in that case i would like to see the showdown as cheaply as possible. On board like that i dont want to play for stack.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

I don't like your Call vs 3bet, rather just fold the hand. You once again are going to play OOP and with just Calling you ain't gonna play the hand very profitable. 4bet/Broke is overplayed as well, what do you think what's his continue range then? Most likely at the best for us something like QQ+,AK. Calling a 3bet and playing it OOP is just horrible vs tight player.

As played of course we are not folding our TP there anyways, while he could also have any kind of Ax hands.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Table action was dictated by MP limp-calling preflop. It might be interesting to think about 4bet/broke if I think bu doesn't have the hand and just want to isolate bad mp player. However when I saw 5,8 3bet over such a sample size (one of the ipoker bots) I told to myself he's not bluffing it very often.

Like I said I called with intention to hit A or K and going broke. MP is a calling station and he goes broke with 2nd pair. On the other hand BU is good player so he won't cbet into two opp if he misses completely.

I agree it's an ugly spot and I wanted to check whether is really as ugly as I thought...and obviously it's even worse. :D

tnx!