BRM - How to incorporate cash games and mtts

• Abunin
      Abunin
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

First post here so nice to meet ya'll :)

Basically my question is this:

I am coming off a break from poker and I recently had a nice score that gave me a br for micro stakes nl which is my main game, I am more cash game oriented and I like it. Thing is I did have some success last few weeks running mtts and I enjoyed it (the score helped lol) and I want to balance the two with more weight toward cash games with mtts during the weekend (just thinking aloud here).

Thing is I've always been bad with brm, what I want to do is In addition to capping the BI so it will suit BRM when I'm doing my weekend mtt run I want to cap the total % in a session/day/weekend of total brm I'm risking. How to approach this?

I can throw a number in the air like 10% but I dont know if it's conservative/solid/loose etc. and how to approach this.

Would love to hear your opinions,
      ty.
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Abumin

welcome to our forums ;)

IMo you need to have a BR for your main game (CG) and not touch it for your MTT. now if you have a few BI extra in that BR (as a profit) and you want to use them or some of it for your MTT, why not. What i mean is just make sure playing those MTTs dont put you under rolled for your main game.

Regards

Thazar
    • Abunin
      Abunin
      Bronze
      since seperating bankroll isn't really possible and all of money is online on the same site I am trying to think of a way where when I sit down and decide that on this day I am going to play mtt's I can turn my br into an mtt br but with a certain % cap of risk so when I come back to cash games the next day it's business as usual.

I can usually come up with an amount that I'd say "ok if I risk this today I'm still rolled well for my limit" but I am trying to think in terms of % so I can find a good rule to follow just for the sake of discipline.

hope I am making myself clear here,
      ty for your time and reply
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Yes what I meant is not necessarily to have 2 separate BR.

Let say if you play NL25 and you want to use a 100BI BRM just for the sake of the example. you could set a weekend budget of for example $100 for tournaments but only if your BR is > $2600. or you could also do a % like 10-25% to anything above the $2500.

What I am saying is to avoid digging into your 100BI (or whatever your BRM is)

Regards

Thazar
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      If you have 1000$ you can play NL25 and 10$ tournaments.But if you have a problem with BRM i suggest you take some time to fix it,have some safety measures,because 1000$ for tournaments and cash games + tilt can spell disaster.