Rakeback Question

• sheripops
      sheripops
      Bronze
      Hello folks - Can I deposit my rakeback in the poker room of my choice or does it have to be deposited in the room that I got my $50 initial bonus with... Or with the room that generated me the rakeback?!

Thanks in advance, Guy

P.S. And really dum question I know... Do I only pay a rake for cash games or does the buy in fee for SnG's and tournaments cout too?!?!
  • 6 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello sheripops,

You pay rake for both tournaments and cash games, and can only be credited the rake to the room with which you generated the rake.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • sheripops
      sheripops
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply... Just to clarify as I mostly play SnG's... If for example I play 100 $5+$0.50 SnG's on Full Tilt am I right in saying Iwould generate the following rakeback with PokerStrategy?

($0.50*100) * 0.27 = $13.50

Also... Will it be the same simple calculation with all the other sites that you offer rakeback with but using a different percentage obviously?!

Thanks in advance, Guy

P.S. It appears to me that playing the actual poker is the easy part... It's all the gobbledy-gook that goes along with it that is difficult... Rakeback, bonus, player databases, BSS, SSS... Bla bla bla... I'm going mad!

P.P.S Great site by the way... Has really helped inject some fun in to the lonely experience that is earning online poker! Thanks a million.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Basically if all you play is SNGs you could take your amount of FT Points you generated in the month divide them by 7 and multiply them by 27% to get your rake. Or use the formula you used there ;)

Since rakeback is very different on other Pokerrooms - its slightly different - but thats the general picture. The only thing that needs to be taken into consideration is that if you are clearing a bonus - the calculations are slightly different for the time in which you are clearing the bonus.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • roshe40
      roshe40
      Bronze
      Why does it matter if you only play in SNGs? Doesn't the same calculation apply if you play a mixture of both? Does the rate at which you accumulate rake make a difference in the rakeback amount somehow?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi roshe40,

The rate of rakeback isn't influenced at all - just how easy it is for the user to calculate beforehand ;) If you play SNGs you pay direct rake, and it is easy to calculate your rakeback. If you play cashgames, then it gets a bit more complicated since the rake is spread across the players involved in the hand.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • roshe40
      roshe40
      Bronze
      I assumed that when I occasionally sit down to play in a cash game and I earn 7 FT points while playing at this table for example, that I have earned one full dollar towards the amount that qualifies for the rakeback. Apparently that is not the case? Then using the total of my monthly accumulated FT pts will not provide me with an accurate rakeback amount?