Yo Hi!

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Hi guys hows it going :) First time joining a real poker community!

My University holidays are coming up and I thought this was the best time to start investing more time into poker.

I've played online before, depositing 40 dollars and going on an incredible upswing running up 40 dollars into 180 dollars in 2 days but due to being uneducated about bankroll management I managed blow it all by playing above my means in Pokerstars 15 dollar Sit'n'gos.

I play pub tournament poker in Australia with APL and in under a year amassed career earnings of ~$1000 by playing low buy in tournaments ($10) and free rolls. (I've hit the big times I know :P )

Thats about as extensive as my poker career goes. I'm a huge newbie, playing for less than a year and really want to expand my skillsets and get educated on how to play better in tournaments (not much of a cash game player).

Cheers.
  • 10 replies
    • smoothazeros
      smoothazeros
      Bronze
      Welcome to PS KozakFB!

I'd suggest you start off by reading the articles in the strategy section and really try and study it. The better you understand the articles, the better you will perform due to the knowledge you attained from studying.

Post your hands for evaluators to have a look at and help you improve your game!

Pass the starter's quiz and collect $50 starting capital to build your BR!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey KozakFB,

Welcome to the English Community here at PokerStrategy.com

You couldn't have joined a better place to increase your tournament edge and learn the right way to be a tournament shark :)

Seems to me you already possess a very good game skill looking at your previous results and I am sure with all our educational content available that you'll be able to enhance that even more so.

Have you attempted our quiz yet to unlock your free $50 starting capital? If so, what poker room have you chosen to play at?

I wish you every success in your Poker journey here at PokerStrategy.com and hope you become a valuable member around the forum :)

Kind regards,
      Gary

PS. A big thank you to smooth for posting such an awesome reply :s_thumbsup:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yo hi yourself KozakFB! :D

warm welcome to our community! :) great to have you with us. as you can see, it's a friendly place to be! ty smoothazeros :f_love:

i hope you've learned the virtues of bankroll management already :) if not, you can review this article on it:
      MTT bankroll management

for tournament tools, i think you should download the ICM trainer and ICM trainer light to hone your skillz. :s_cool:

so have you passed the quiz yet and picked a room to play?

smiles,
      wendy
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I've done the test and completed it :)

I've chose Poker770 as my starting room. I wanted to go with partypoker but unfortunately I had registered with them before but hadn't deposited anything :(

But 770 looks like a great room and I hope to slowly learn and build my bankroll there.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi KozakFB,

Welcome to the community and wish you best of luck at the tables!

Don't forget about the exclusive $100 freeroll at Poker770 every day!

• you can enter a freeroll every day at 19:30 GMT.

• freerolls can be found under "Tournaments" -> "All Tournaments".

You can find out more here.

Ingrid
    • support770
      support770
      Bronze
      Hi KozakFB,

Thank you for choosing Poker770!

Should you ever be in need of assistance, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at support@poker770.co.uk, by phone at 0044 02071935596 or through our Live Support by simply clicking the Online Support button on top of your Poker770 lobby.

Our operators will take the pleasure of helping you.

Taking advantage, we invite you to participate to Russian Roulette Jackpot tournaments that start from tart from $0,12 buy-in. Win 4 consecutive "Russian Roulette" Sit & Go and hit the jackpot on top of your winnings!

For more details regarding this promotion, please follow the link below:

http://www.poker770.com/en/promotions/promo/355

Regards,

Yoanna
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      thanks for popping by Yoanna :f_love:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D