Just a random Dutch guy

• DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been spamming some posts in this community now, but I realized I haven't introduced myself yet. So hereby I would like to take the opportunity to change this.

So, there we go. I am a guy from The Netherlands and I have been playing poker for about 4-5 years. At first I started with playing No Limit 7-card stud. This basically was a completely made up game, but after a few years I realized it kinda looked like 7 card stud. Each player would get 4 cards, then there was a no limit betting round, then the 5th card, betting round, etc. untill everybody had 7 cards and the showdown could begin. We did this at school in the breaks with monopoly money and a cheap deck of cards since this was before the "poker boom" hit The Netherlands, so all the pokersets and chips weren't yet in town.

I basically started playing poker since I saw it in films and without really knowing the game I realized I had to play it since it looked pretty damn awesome. After a while the poker boom hit The Netherlands and No Limit Holdem was the game to play. So I brought a set of pokerchips and started crushing the fishes from my class. A little bit later, I started playing online with play money on Poker Room and later PokerStars and PKR. Then I found out about the freerolls and started playing them for a bit. There was a $20 freeroll at PKR, with about 5000 players and once the registration started, it lasted less than a minute before it was full. So a friend of mine and myself used to warn eachother on MSN that the freeroll was about to started, usually an hour before it actually started and we sat and waited till the registration began and we could get some cents!

But yeah, as this story will take about 8 pages if I continue to discribe every single detail I'll try to get thru it a little faster. I started playing Multi table SNGs seriously in the beginning of 2010, I guess February. I started with the $1.10 45mans and I've played the 18, 45 and 180man Sit n go's from $1 to $30. I became a coach, handjudge and video producer for the Dutch community of PokerStrategy.com in March 2010 and I'm still doing this gladly.

Currently I still play the 45 and 180man Sit n go's and quite a lot of Turbo Multi table tournaments. If anyone has questions regarding these game, I'll be happy to answer them and help you out.

So, good luck at the tables and enjoy the game.

Cliffs: I'm a Dutch guy who plays poker.
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      hey DonBartos,

Big welcome to our community! :)

I can see that we have something in common already
      I started playing online with play money
      :D

You should join us when we play the 180 man hyperz, I'll ask thazar to come and introduce you to our home games, if you interested.

Well, wish you best of luck and hopefully will see you around the forum often.

cliffs: big welcome and let's crush the tables together!

Ingrid
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hello bart! :D

your spamming is always welcome around here. :D thanks for all the awesome help. :f_love:
      we are super kaduper kawhooper happy to see you becoming active in the english community.
      love to play those 180 mans too just to hear ingy scream ^^

oh i remember the early days when i used to haunt the freerolls too! haha. donkaments. :f_biggrin:

smiles,
      wendy
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Thanks ladies :s_love:

Yeah add me in the home games, I'm grad to donate a few bucks at the tables :f_cool:
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Hey Bart,

Welcome!

I'm a fellow Dutchmen, also playing SNG's (but living in Copenhagen at the moment). However, I've never posted in the Dutch PS community so you probably don't know me.
      You can check my blog if you want ;)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hehe, it's not a home game, we actually all just join the 180's together :D

next time, we'll tell you when :D everyone in the community is welcome to join this too!
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      gl at the tables and welcome!