HM question?

• portvalenath
      portvalenath
      Bronze
      recently started playing 3.50 6max sng's on stars and purchased hm to help, i have been losing, like 9 bi, jw if there is an EV line on there? ive seen the ev adjusted thing but there is no line? im -$30.81 but when i click ev adjusted i am -1.82, what does this mean? ty in advance! :)
  • 3 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Over a small sample, both your results and the adjusted results are dominated by luck. As you play more, both converge toward your long-run average. The adjusted results converge a little faster. They may be as accurate as your unadjusted results would be over a sample about twice as large.

The adjustment is only made for hands where players got all-in. Let's suppose you get all-in with a 60% chance to win, and winning gives you an ICM equity of $20 while losing gives you an ICM equity of $10. The weighted average is $16. Losing is unlucky by $6, and winning is lucky by $4. If you win, the luck adjustment is to reduce your results by $4. If you lose, the luck adjustment is to increase your results by $6. HEM also measures your luck when two of your opponents collide and you hope the shorter stack gets knocked out. This filters out some of the luck, but it overlooks a lot of the luck in the game, such as what cards you are dealt, whether you get a good flop when you are not all-in, and whether your opponents have good hands when you push.

You should be able to see a red line on your results graph. This is adjusted for the all-in luck.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      There is check box on upper right area where you can define if EV line is visible or not in graph.
    • portvalenath
      portvalenath
      Bronze
      thanks for the help guys, appreciate it