This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HM question?

• portvalenath
      portvalenath
      Bronze
      recently started playing 3.50 6max sng's on stars and purchased hm to help, i have been losing, like 9 bi, jw if there is an EV line on there? ive seen the ev adjusted thing but there is no line? im -$30.81 but when i click ev adjusted i am -1.82, what does this mean? ty in advance! :)
  • 3 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Over a small sample, both your results and the adjusted results are dominated by luck. As you play more, both converge toward your long-run average. The adjusted results converge a little faster. They may be as accurate as your unadjusted results would be over a sample about twice as large.

The adjustment is only made for hands where players got all-in. Let's suppose you get all-in with a 60% chance to win, and winning gives you an ICM equity of $20 while losing gives you an ICM equity of $10. The weighted average is $16. Losing is unlucky by $6, and winning is lucky by $4. If you win, the luck adjustment is to reduce your results by $4. If you lose, the luck adjustment is to increase your results by $6. HEM also measures your luck when two of your opponents collide and you hope the shorter stack gets knocked out. This filters out some of the luck, but it overlooks a lot of the luck in the game, such as what cards you are dealt, whether you get a good flop when you are not all-in, and whether your opponents have good hands when you push.

You should be able to see a red line on your results graph. This is adjusted for the all-in luck.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      There is check box on upper right area where you can define if EV line is visible or not in graph.
    • portvalenath
      portvalenath
      Bronze
      thanks for the help guys, appreciate it