Anybody else going?

• 10 replies
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Banjostring
      TO SEE THE MIGHTY, MIGHTY STONE ROSES

I simply cannot fucking wait
      Personally I don't see all the fuss? Sadly I'm old enough to remember them the first time around. In my opinion they made Two magical albums, but Ian Brown is terrible live and are there any guarantees they'll actually turn up? Sorry to but a downer on it! :)
    • Banjostring
      Banjostring
      Bronze
      they'll turn up, for the big bucks, although how long they'll last for afterwards is anyones guess and tbh i'm not too bothered. but i missed them last time around and need to tick them off my list.

old musicians just get better though, not worse

i have a strong feeling that the gigs are gonna be absolute belters

edit.. nothing could put a downer on it, for me :-)
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      they'll turn up, for the big bucks, although how long they'll last for afterwards is anyones guess and tbh i'm not too bothered. but i missed them last time around and need to tick them off my list.

old musicians just get better though, not worse

i have a strong feeling that the gigs are gonna be absolute belters

edit.. nothing could put a downer on it, for me :-)
      I hope so, as when Squire 's on form he's up there with the best.

I also heard rumours that the Happy Mondays and Inspiral Carpets are supporting....any idea if that's true?
    • Banjostring
      Banjostring
      Bronze
      ive not heard but my dream team line up was the mondays and the charlatans, would be nice if they kept it old skool baggy, for the first 3 gigs at least
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      ive not heard but my dream team line up was the mondays and the charlatans, would be nice if they kept it old skool baggy, for the first 3 gigs at least
      Charlatans would be quality. I saw the Mondays at Wembley supporting Oasis years ago, I thought they would be s*8t but actually blew Oasis away,...well in my opinion!
    • Banjostring
      Banjostring
      Bronze
      They were awesome last june in manchester, the band were super-tight and Brown hardly hit a wrong note (honestly)

Posting this cos my tickets for Finsbury Park dropped through my letterbox today.

As in OP ....I Simply Cannot Fucking Wait, especially as i now know just how good its gonna be :D :D :D :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Awesome!! not a fan myself but know how great it feels to be going to see your heroes ;) hope key don't let you down.

By the way do play the banjo or is it just a username?
    • Banjostring
      Banjostring
      Bronze
      Lol, its just a username. It's british slang for a body part :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hmm I thought I was british lol but I have never heard this term before haha u will google it...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Lol shouldnt have googled it :facepalm: