poker mentality

• bullettooth1
      bullettooth1
      Bronze
      hey is there any good blogs or threads i could read to help me with the way i think about poker? im very results orientated and very competative so when things dont go my way i get too angry my confidence goes and it affects my game for days. ive started playing 4tables in cash games which helps me against butting heads with certain ppl on the table. if i play less than 4 i start trying to outplay ppl and most of the time it goes wrong because i think the ppl at that level dont know what im doing. as my bankroll only lets me play at $4nl i need to sort it out before i lose this BR too lol. help me!
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey bullettooth1,

This is a common problem among players starting out in the Poker World.
      I for one have gone through all this and not being mentally focused can take a huge toll on your game and BR.

A lot of players will recommend the book, "The Poker Mind-set" among a bunch of other great books/videos out there in the market.
      Going through the Poker media area of PokerStrategy would be a good starting point:
      Poker Media

But more importantly there is tons of video series and articles to help those troubling mindset issue that we have to face here on PokerStrategy.com.

Psychology Basic>Silver

and

Psychology Articles

Hope this enough of a starting point for you and good luck overcoming your poker mentality.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      In addition, our Coach and Blackmember TwiceT has an AskMeAnything thread here, AMA: TwiceT which contains several questions about this and his replies.

We have Mental Coach Jared Tandler who also has a Q&A thread here +++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++ also full of golden nuggets if you read through it.

Regards,
      Richard
    • bullettooth1
      bullettooth1
      Bronze
      great stuff. thanks alot guys i'l get trawling through those recommended articles and blog right now