Direct Message Mod

• lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Just a simple link somewhere on the forums to send a message to an online mod. Not neccesarily real time, email type interface would work aswell.

In my instance, I'd like to add something to a thread which has been locked (I'd never posted anything in it, so no personal investment, just thought it'd be a valuable addition).

I'm sure there are other reasons which would also be helpful.

What do you guys think?
  • 6 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi lynius,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The mod team is always just a click away, you can click on the "Report" button on any post and fill in a brief description of the issue/your request in the field provided. Whilst usually used for reporting spam/inappropriate posts etc, we have no objection to you contacting us this way should the need arise.

This sends an email to several mods and admins and there's usually several of us around pretty much 24/7 to help.

In terms of your current query, mods always try to leave threads open and available to members wherever possible. Any thread showing as closed was no doubt closed for a reason, namely to protect members from spam, abusive language or a request for a stake from an ineligible applicant etc.

If you'd like to briefly describe which thread and what you'd like added, one of the mods will take a look for you. Obviously we will only add things to a closed thread or re-open it only if it is thought to be appropriate in clarifying a situation or in exceptional cases. Normally a closed thread will remain dormant and cannot be added to.

You can pm either myself or our Community Manager Ingrid privately if you prefer.

Thanks again for the suggestion, shout if we can help further at all.

Best regards,

Bart
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Amusing fact I just found out, you live in the same county as me...
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      yes, we're only a click away.. feel free to abuse that button
      :D :heart:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      yes, we're only a click away.. feel free to abuse that button
      :D :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart: If only!!! :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      but it's truuueeeee!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

we are only a click away! that report button really does send emails to every mod and CM here :D
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      roo's been pushing my buttons for years :tongue: :D

Awww only joking my friend ;) , hoping you and the lovely mrs roo are both well, good to hear from you :f_love:

Bart