Hey guys, thanks already

• Crajoh
      Crajoh
      Bronze
      Just wanted to say hi to the guys here and say thanks for such a great site.

I've been playing recently on WSOP and after signing up here took the $50 start over on Partypoker to try there. The resources on this site are fantastic for someone in my position, who thought they were an ok casual player and turned out to know almost squat about the game.

After signing up last week I studied many of the articles on Sit n go tournaments and MTT's and instantly saw a huge improvement. In the last week i've gone from being a player who would get in the cash on a decent day, to consistantly cashing out and making 4 final tables, qualifying for the 100K Sunday challenge and picking up $2100 for placing 7/899 (by far my biggest cash so far)

I still have alot to learn but its amazing how a little knowledge can transform your game, especially as someone who hasn't taken it very seriously before now.

Hopefully it hasn't just been a flash in the pan and I can pick up that first win soon.

Cheers, Craig.
  • 10 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi craig,

warm welcome to our community! that's some awesome results! great to hear that our strategy content has benefitted you greatly. :)

don't forget we have 2 daily freerolls on Party Poker, you might want to check it out. :D

also, MTT's have the biggest variance so i hope you are familiar with the brm needed already.

good luck and let us know how you get on! where are you from btw?

smiles,
      wendy
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Craig,

Thanks for your introduction and I must extend you a very warm welcome to PokerStrategy.com and to the English Forum.

It's always nice to hear some positive feedback and that we are helping you improve as a player.

So what's the future plans for you and poker then?

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • Crajoh
      Crajoh
      Bronze
      Cheers for the welcome guys.

I'm pretty tight with my bank roll (the better half makes sure of that :D ) but i'm planning to stick pretty close to the advised buy ins according to the BRM information here.

Most of my poker is played through SnG's and MTT's So im getting a good intro to variance and finding she can be a harsh mistress :f_biggrin:

In the future i'd actually like to start playing a few live tournaments, but im using the online game to try nail the fundamentals before moving on and up.

My poker is played for the fun of it, but hopefully it'll be nice to get to the point where I can earn myself a little extra pocket money at the end of the day :D

Craig
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      good to hear ;) we need to keep our men in check, aye? hehe...

variance can be really really incredibly tough and usually the thing that breaks down the mindset of most aspiring players. i'd love to play live too except it takes up way to much time and effort. definitely get the fundamentals down pat. have you downloaded the ICM trainer yet?
    • Crajoh
      Crajoh
      Bronze
      I've just came across it while flicking through the sit and go articles now so was just about to download it. Sounds a pretty interesting piece of software. The later stages of sit and go's and final tables seem to be a weak point at the moment so hopefully it'll up my understanding.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      cool :s_cool: download it already :D gogogogo! hehe
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D

Roo
    • 6MaxGrinder
      6MaxGrinder
      Bronze
      Welcome! :D
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      I second the ICM Trainer... It rocks... very realistic situations.
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      gl at the tables and welcome