straight draw with an ace

• 17 replies
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      I mean if the turn is 4 or 8 will I complete a straight with my ace (A4567, A5678)?
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      No.

If a turn is a 4 or 8 you will have a straight draw but you don't really want to be hoping for a straight as you will always have the bottom end of it.

Best case scenario is that the turn is an Ace or fold on flop to any bets.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      I've played like ~3k hands in texas holdem and why do I keep thinking that an ace completes straights? :f_p:
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      lol
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by slipkn6t
      I've played like ~3k hands in texas holdem and why do I keep thinking that an ace completes straights? :f_p:
      Ace does complete straits. If you have A5 on 234 board then you have a 5 high strait. Or AT on KQJ board gives you A high straight.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Originally posted by slipkn6t
      Ace does complete straits. If you have A5 on 234 board then you have a 5 high strait. Or AT on KQJ board gives you A high straight.
      yeah, I understood that. I thought that an Ace can complete any 4 card straight :f_p:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin:

better to be learning these things now slipkn6t!

have you started real money tables yet or still practicing the rules on play money?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Haha....

well i have to share my experience with omaha. I made some nice session thought i know about the rules and i always finished session on PLO10 in profit.

Then i lost some for me strange pots and didnt know what happened. Then i went to check rules and realized that in omaha you have to use two cards from your hand and three community cards.

Well when i realized that and read some articles about omaha i have never made some profit again:) )
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      :f_biggrin:

better to be learning these things now slipkn6t!

have you started real money tables yet or still practicing the rules on play money?
      I did start playing 9max nl2 :f_biggrin:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hang in there! :)

those results are nothing to worry about yet. you are only 1k hands in.
      but nice that you are able to see your graphs already.

keep learning and improving. at least now you know that the Ace isn't a wild card :f_biggrin:
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey,

Yeah on this board the Ace does not make your straight, you have eight cards to give you a straight draw on the turn, so in this case you can only make a runner runner straight, and even then you would only have the low end.

Interesting fact though, on the off chance that you actually were looking for wildcards in straightdraws / straights; every straight will always have either a 5 or T in it! :f_p:

Good luck at the tables!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      haha! interesting fun fact E :D

got any more?
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze

got any more?
      Yes, but I cannot divulge too many as they are to be kept for special occasions!

But here's one more for you, don't tell anyone! Shhhh! Just found it yesterday... :f_biggrin:

More than 60% of Flops will have at least two of the same suit..

So the majority of the time, if you're not drawing to a flush, you'll be scared of one!
      :f_o:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EuanM

got any more?
      Yes, but I cannot divulge too many as they are to be kept for special occasions!

But here's one more for you, don't tell anyone! Shhhh! Just found it yesterday... :f_biggrin:

So the majority of the time, if you're not drawing to a flush, you'll be scared of one!
      FYP
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

got any more?

FYP
      grammar police!

but i love it E! are you just pulling my leg? it better be a true fun fact :s_evil:
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I mean if the turn is 4 or 8 will I complete a straight with my ace (A4567, A5678)?

An ace in itself is a straight and you should go arr inn!
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

got any more?

FYP
      grammar police!

but i love it E! are you just pulling my leg? it better be a true fun fact :s_evil:
      Yes this is a genuine E fun fact!
      Thanks for the spelling correction fruktpuff! :f_p: