This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 99 with draw heavy board

• xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Known players:  
      BB:
      $4.05
      Hero:
      $1.74

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) 8:spade: , 7:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.17, BB calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.51) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

River: ($0.55) 5:club: (2 players)
      [COLOR=red]

ok so i think i mite of over bet the flop, but trying to protect my hand which i think im mostlikley ahead here.

so he snap calls pot bet and we see the turn and now i think im in trouble, he even throws in a mini bet which makes me even more sure im behind was i right to just call here or even give up ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xdowntimex,

Add to full stack.

Flop: Well, I wouldn't really bet exactly pot size on flop. It just tells him that you have a very strong hand. Most likely I'd rather consider betting ~$0,14.

As played
      Turn: For the given odds I am not folding this, while the guy could easily even have just pairs/draws which we beat.
      River: Of course we are betting for value, or depending on the villain line, might even raise smallish to get value from pairs/2pairs/sets.

Best Regards.