UTG: $12.86
      UTG+1: $7.06
      MP: $15.14
      Hero (MP+1): $10.25
      CO: $6.26
      BTN: $10.25

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, CO raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 5:heart: Q:heart: 6:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

Turn: ($3.49, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.74, Hero calls $1.74

River: ($6.97, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

villain 14/11/3 af 76 hands

i think this is ok.
  • 4 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Postflop is fine. However I think there's a problem postflop. KJs is not a strong enough hand to be calling 3bets with preflop unless villain is a 3bet monkey, and especially not OOP. Here I would just fold this preflop.

As played, villain is giving you decent odds for calling on the flop with your flushdraw. When you pick up your OESD on the turn this gives you an extra 6 outs, giving us 15 total outs. He's giving us better than 3:1 with his bet on the turn meaning we only need to hit 25% of the time to breakeven. With our 15 outs we can expect to hit about 30% of the time from turn to river so the call her is fine.

However, I think you should re-evaluate your preflop strategy. You should pretty much never be calling 3bets OOP with any hand, let alone a hand as weak as KJs. We're dominated so often that it's just going to lose us money. Think about a standard villains 3bet range: AK, KQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ. We're in trouble against every one of these hands with KJs.
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      You should pretty much never be calling 3bets OOP with any hand, let alone a hand as weak as KJs.
      got it, thanx. i think i was a little bord or smth and his raise was small.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      well it is stated by the basic standard strategy to call min-raises:

YOUR OPPONENT ONLY MIN-RAISES
      You will find players who only min-raise fairly often in the lower limits. Whatever they may think they are doing, it certainly doesn't make much sense.

If you have already entered the hand and one opponent raises after you by the smallest amount allowed, a so-called min-raise, you should always call, unless, of course, you have AA or KK, in which case you re-raise.

I agree that KJs is too weak

T.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      well it is stated by the basic standard strategy to call min-raises:

YOUR OPPONENT ONLY MIN-RAISES
      You will find players who only min-raise fairly often in the lower limits. Whatever they may think they are doing, it certainly doesn't make much sense.

If you have already entered the hand and one opponent raises after you by the smallest amount allowed, a so-called min-raise, you should always call, unless, of course, you have AA or KK, in which case you re-raise.

I agree that KJs is too weak

T.
      Obviously Calling is totally fine and it ain't even wrong for the given odds. If you even expect the opponent to play this way even wider range. But the problem here comes in handy that the opponent is a mid-stack and we will most likely never know where we stand if we even do hit our pair. Plus we will be playing OOP. If you are more experienced player then the Call is fine while you expect the opponent to 3bet light.

Although myself I would most likely donk the river, there is no point to Check and see Check behind, while opponents bet size on turn is really weak and which may easily tell us that he is going to Check behind.