hasenbraten
      Bronze
      SB ($26.85)
      BB ($25.10)
      UTG ($25.65)
      MP ($24.65)
      CO ($20.20)
      Hero ($25.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q:club: , A:heart: .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.

Flop: ($2.25) 3:spade: , 3:diamond: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($6.25) T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.5, SB calls $4.50.

River: ($15.25) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $18.4 (All-In)

What do you Put him on? Can he call here too often to bet?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      small pp
      Betting 10$ into 15$ pot is much stronger than pushing all-in imo.
      I would checked behind, because T isn´t scare card and if he is decided to call your flop bet, he won´t often fold turn.
      Don´t see any value playing big pot ip with A high.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      It´s not all about our hand, but the hand of Villain. 70 % of the times i put him on a draw like fd or sd. 30% of the times i put him on a small pocket. Anyway, he should fold both on the river.

best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      If he is on a SD, then the six paired his hand on the river, because 56 would be his only possible holding for that. If he is on a pp, then this low card board gives him encouragement. This overbet on the river after the moderate flop and turn action looks fishy. I think it is even more encouragement to call with pairs. Kaitz might be right about the standard bet of 10 on the river. It looks more like we want a call.

If he does have the best hand only 30% of the time, which is when he is holding a pair, that is almost enough to call profitably. Add the time that he hits with his SD card, and he is in here I think.

He has to call 18.4 to play for a 33.65 pot, his share is only 35% of the total, (52.05), I think he can call.

I presume that we are only talking about when we just have overcards, and not when we have a better hand.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Vs. a player who can fold its ok, as he will often fold pockets and all of his busted FDs.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      If he is on a SD, then the six paired his hand on the river, because 56 would be his only possible holding for that. If he is on a pp, then this low card board gives him encouragement. This overbet on the river after the moderate flop and turn action looks fishy. I think it is even more encouragement to call with pairs. Kaitz might be right about the standard bet of 10 on the river. It looks more like we want a call.

If he does have the best hand only 30% of the time, which is when he is holding a pair, that is almost enough to call profitably. Add the time that he hits with his SD card, and he is in here I think.

He has to call 18.4 to play for a 33.65 pot, his share is only 35% of the total, (52.05), I think he can call.

I presume that we are only talking about when we just have overcards, and not when we have a better hand.
      what????
      sorry, but that´s simply not true. Sometimes i would bet the same amount with AA on the river to balance my lines....so it means nothing.
      An Opponent who calls here with 56 or just a pockt is simply a fish. A midpair is not enough to call in such spots!
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Very interesting hand...
      I'm just a little bit cautious because many people at these limits can't lay down a hand. Yes, they are fish ... that's why I prefer to wait until I have a hand slightly better than his mediocre hand he'd call down with.

At this limit, in my view, plays like these are fish feeders. I've seen it often enough at my limit, one huge fish/semimaniac from which I can extract stack after stack with any medium hand (TPWK, 2nd pair) but they don't go broke because people let them bluff or try to bluff them.