Gunners SNG Blog

• Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Hi All pokerstrategy forum. Let me introduce myself. My name is Mike Gunn Im from antigonish nova scotia canada which is on the east coast of this wonderful country. Been playing poker for about 9 years have lost thousands of dollars. Just took poker as a game and not as a game where I could win money . Eventually I plan to win more then I make on my day job. Which is about 7-800 dollars every 2 weeks . At the start of this month I was down to 5 dollars. Promised myself I will never deposit again . If i do it would be threw one of the sites on pokerstrategy to get my status up which i plan on doing down the road. I love golf hockey n poker. I wanna be good at poker like i im at golf. Have passion for this game like i do for the love of golf. Except one thign this game I can win cash . Right now im currently using the restrictions thing they have on stars which I think is very smart of them if people do not wanna go on tilt or lose all there cash. My goal is to start poker from scratch and at the bottom of the game. You heard me right im gonna start playing the .10 360 mans . Started with 5 dollars got as high as 30 now im around 25. I do have holdem maneger but have no idea how to use it. If someone fromt his great forum could help me would greatly appreciate it. Therefore I could post graphs n my leaks and people on the forum could help me with my game. I also have skype which is in my signature. Currently Im playing one table at a time but that will grow as time gos on . I have seen so many blogs on here where people go halfway threw and give up . Also if there is any beginner books I should be reading or videos and or articles on this site let me know. All take any advice I can get.
      If there is also anything that is wrong with my grammar and or blog feel free to let me know . good luck on the felt im tiered of being a losing player and being a troll on this site time to change and get into the winning attitude. gl on the felt from MikeGunn which is also my stars name if you would like to look up stats. Thank you for taking the time to read this and following me if you decide to. Add me to skype if you like good luck poker strategist.
  • 34 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi mike, welcome to our blog section!

what a giant wall of text. you know spaces every once in a while wouldn't hurt :D

wishing you luck in your goals! gogogogo
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Thank you grammar is not the best feel free to add me to skype to help with poker and english :) or whatever you wish just to chat .
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Started Bankroll today $25.81
      Finished Bankroll -
      Games Played -
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Hi Mike

welcome to our blog section. Best of luck for your challenge.

For HEM give me a nudge on skype: newfishontheblock and we can sort that out.

as for improving your game:

:club: start by reading the SNG articles :

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/

:club: there are also loads of videos in the video section:

[URLhttp://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/#contenttype=0&gametype=7&tablesize=0&languages=en&levels=basic,bronze,silver,gold,platinum,diamond&lowerlimit=0&upperlimit=14&ob=date&od=desc&page=1&rpp=10[/URL]

:club: you can also assist coaching sessions:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/

:club: Finally I would advise you to get together with some other players playing at the same limit and exchange ideas, work on your game etc...

anyway best of luck at the tables ;)
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze

2 great songs first one is timbarland and the other one is lmfao .
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Started Bankroll today $25.81
      Finished Bankroll - 27.67
      Games Played - 2 today .10- 360 person sit n go

about all im gonna play today unless i do one after work peace all goodluck on the felt
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      I know this blog is boring so far for all the higher poker players but this is for everyone. As you can see I played 2 games today . Reason being is cause of work 2-10pm today so i got af ew games int his morning. I came 9th in one and the other 7th . I will also be posting about life and etc during my poker adventure so everyone does not get bored. I can also post pics of me my gf and my dog as well. Im currently looking forward to saturday night as we are doing a cash game at my freinds place . we play 5 cent 10 cent with 1 cent antes . just a freindly game but usually get a few pots around a 100bucks with the max buy in being 40 dollars. All be online again after work or in the morning . Once I get holdem maneger set up all be posting graphs n etc. Goodluck and thanks again for reading my blog . and taking the time otu of the day to read it . MikeGunn On Skype
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      You people can type whatever you want in this blog. eventually all be posting hands n etc . feel free to chat it up so im not talking to myself. :)
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJAUuicC0Q
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Asking for opinion just curious what kidna goal should I have for playing small levels. Give me some thoughts n ideas. If you I pick one maybe a small cash prize if you want it . Somthing that is duable and realistic. has to be atleast a year then we will go back when we reach that year and see if i reach the goal or how close or far away im from it . thank you for your ideas n opinions goodluck on the felt .
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      IMO put some volume goals and so study goals. Then put as a goal to play your absolute best in each and every session, in each and every hand you play.

$$$ will follow. ;)
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Gonna try a session of 2 tables to see how I do if I lose back to 1 table thinking about going up to the 25 cent 56 or 90 man . Just curious what do you think I should play . Should I play the 45 or 90 man which has the easiest field ? Im gonna get some help with my holdem maneger hopefully have set up by end of this weekend to show graphs . Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind and all answer them as quick as possible . goodluck on the tables .
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1XozsBN5Z4&ob=av3e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twrvl_C5Bfk
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      played a few games last night bankroll is currently at 27.97 might play a couple games here n there tonight n tomorrow . Bit gonna put about a 8-9 hour session in on both saturday n sunday . Thnking about doing a cash game site as well . Gonna deposit maybe on 888 threw pokerstrategy so i can get my member status up. This blog will be epic foreveryone just reading just give it time :) . For now enjoy the read and watch my success.
    • 6MaxGrinder
      6MaxGrinder
      Bronze
      I will keep following this! :D
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      gonna take today off as well and relax had a long work week . Gonna do a long 8-9 hour session tomorrow n sunday to make up for it . Might do a small micro mtt or try myluck or skill at the .25 sit n gos .
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Gonna grind for 6-7 hours today before heading to a freinds house for a cash game. Gonna put my starting bankroll in here then when my session is over all put how many games i played and finsihed bankroll after the session .
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Starting bankroll for the day is $27.29. Wish me luck will update in 6-7 hours .
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      just finished a 25 cent 45 man came 2nd place :) gonna be a good day i think . Second place I beleive was for $2.22 I like the 45 mans but the first place for 360 mans is 7 bucks but I also like the fact about not playing against so many players. If need be all move back downt o 360s . Only and If i go below 100 buy ins for the 25 centers :) .