[NL20-NL50] A9s on button

• Washdogg
      Washdogg
      Bronze
      PokerStars Game #69487274322: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD) - 2011/10/25 1:18:01 ET
      Table 'Pretoria IV' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
      Seat 1: Hero ($184.18 in chips)
      Seat 2: Villain 1 ($16.25 in chips)
      Seat 3: Villain 2 ($25 in chips)
      Seat 4: Villain 3 ($27.76 in chips)
      Seat 5: Villain 4 ($26.05 in chips)
      Seat 6: Villain 5 ($26.10 in chips)
      Villain 1: posts small blind $0.10
      Villain 2: posts big blind $0.25
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Hero [9 :heart: A :heart:]
      Villain 3: folds
      Villain 4: folds
      Villain 5: raises $0.75 to $1
      Hero: calls $1
      Villain 1: folds
      Villain 2: folds
      *** FLOP *** [T :diamond: 6 :diamond: 4 :heart:]
      Villain 5: bets $1.50
      Hero: calls $1.50
      *** TURN *** [T :diamond: 6 :diamond: 4 :heart:] [A :spade:]
      Villain 5: bets $3.25
      Hero: calls $3.25
      *** RIVER *** [T :diamond: 6 :diamond: 4 :heart: A :spade:] [A :diamond:]
      Villain 5: checks
      Hero: checks

So I decide to play position and float. But instead he barrels the A on the turn so I play pot control. I have him on either a draw or a bigger A than mine. So I check the river back because I figure he's probably not holding a T if he barrels the turn and checks a pretty safe river and a T is really the only card I can get a vbet out of. So I figure he's giving up a bluff here or he's trying to get me to bet (I've been pretty aggressive at this table) and raise me with a completed flush or a bigger A.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think I might flat Bu AT-AQ, but problem flatting A9s is that you have to make moves postflop and it hasn´t that much showdown value if getting bet into 3 times, so I´d prefer 3-betting most of the times and maybe only call 20%.

Raising flop seems better option than flatting, since I think he would barrel quite often on diamond, J, Q, K and would bet for value also on blanks and you can´t really do anything than fold, but if you raise it is very hard him to continue unless he has there flushdraw, Tx or better, so he should bet/fold most of the times.

Should be easy valuebet on the river, since I think you see more often Tx or JJ-KK that went for pot control than flushdraw or better Ax that c/c turn.