Tell your tilt success story.

• paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      Everyone knows that tilt is nr.1 bankroll's enemy, but sometimes tilting pays off. You hit higher stakes and bam! Your bankroll is 3x :D . Let's say today i had $23 in my account, lost it to $7 cause of couple bad beats, bad card running and in the end bad plays. When i registered to 4ppl $3.5 tournament, won it, when i had about 16, registered to a $15 4ppl tournament and also won it. Now i have $58. Tell your story of succesfull tilting :D
  • 22 replies
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      big tilt and sick of the grind so i went to FTP to play rush poker with $10 and brought it up to $100 the first day, from there i played with a 2-buy-in bankroll management and brought it up to $2,000 within a week.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by paaaaau
      Everyone knows that tilt is nr.1 bankroll's enemy, but sometimes tilting pays off. You hit higher stakes and bam! Your bankroll is 3x :D . Let's say today i had $23 in my account, lost it to $7 cause of couple bad beats, bad card running and in the end bad plays. When i registered to 4ppl $3.5 tournament, won it, when i had about 16, registered to a $15 4ppl tournament and also won it. Now i have $58. Tell your story of succesfull tilting :D
      then tell a succesful "busting BR" story
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      It's not what about this thread is.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I was running bad at the Holdem cash tables so I decided to try out 888 poker push-or-fold tables. Opened up four NL1k tables (50$ buy in). Lost $1200.

Success: never playing those again
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      how to tell? the last time im on tilt is about 18 months ago!
    • 6MaxGrinder
      6MaxGrinder
      Bronze
      Never succes with tilt! :evil:
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I think this is fine referred to as tilt.

Some years ago when i was new @ poker, and even not had a poker-tool/program, i deposited aprox 4-500$ on FT. Lost the first 3 deposit in a week.
      When i deposited 4. time, i put in 200$. Then i decided to be a gus hansen @ the micro stakes cashgames, thinking i could bluff my way up to the highstakes.

After getting down to 162 $ i decided to take a break.

When i came back i started playing @ betsafe, finishing 2/562, 1/1045, 1/325 and 2/xxx (cant remember). The day after i woke up decided to look @ my full tilt acc. Took 1 shot @ 0.01/0.02, lost after 20 hands or so. Then i thought what the hell, if i have to loose what i have on FT i could then do it quick.
      Registered 100$ 32,5k gtd tour. With 6 redpros registered.

But in that tour i WAS gus hansen, from 15 min i was nr1 until i won the tour shipping 5990$.
      I remember @ finaltable, when i was close to loosing the 1. place, i had 224.000 chips, with number 2 sitting with 139.000, and he was starting to gain really fast, . But then i got AJ in UTG1, i limped, and nr 2 on the botton raised all in. i Thougt for a decade, COULD just not decide what the fuck i should do, but then i called in last second. And he showed K9s. The flop came 25K J A. By then i was sitting with 440.000 with just 6 left, and nr2 had 70.000.
      When we came to headsup, and he had gained a lot, me with around 420.000 and him about 340.000. The first hand i got headsup was AA, i minraise and he shove, showing 44, and my aces hold up.

I also remember i throw 2 out with a large 4 bet with 27. Both calls, and flop came: 227 ;D

That day was my best tilt i think ;D
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      I think this is fine referred to as tilt.

Some years ago when i was new @ poker, and even not had a poker-tool/program, i deposited aprox 4-500$ on FT. Lost the first 3 deposit in a week.
      When i deposited 4. time, i put in 200$. Then i decided to be a gus hansen @ the micro stakes cashgames, thinking i could bluff my way up to the highstakes.

After getting down to 162 $ i decided to take a break.

When i came back i started playing @ betsafe, finishing 2/562, 1/1045, 1/325 and 2/xxx (cant remember). The day after i woke up decided to look @ my full tilt acc. Took 1 shot @ 0.01/0.02, lost after 20 hands or so. Then i thought what the hell, if i have to loose what i have on FT i could then do it quick.
      Registered 100$ 32,5k gtd tour. With 6 redpros registered.

But in that tour i WAS gus hansen, from 15 min i was nr1 until i won the tour shipping 5990$.
      I remember @ finaltable, when i was close to loosing the 1. place, i had 224.000 chips, with number 2 sitting with 139.000, and he was starting to gain really fast, . But then i got AJ in UTG1, i limped, and nr 2 on the botton raised all in. i Thougt for a decade, COULD just not decide what the fuck i should do, but then i called in last second. And he showed K9s. The flop came 25K J A. By then i was sitting with 440.000 with just 6 left, and nr2 had 70.000.
      When we came to headsup, and he had gained a lot, me with around 420.000 and him about 340.000. The first hand i got headsup was AA, i minraise and he shove, showing 44, and my aces hold up.

I also remember i throw 2 out with a large 4 bet with 27. Both calls, and flop came: 227 ;D

That day was my best tilt i think ;D
      And whats your BR at the moment?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      My br fits atm perfectly to micro's crushing @ ~37bb/100 after today =)

My little goal is to make aprox. 500-800$ on micro before i move up. But im to be honest not sure if i will move up soon though, because if i can get to 45-60bb/100 then i will maybe double my goal to 1200-2000 before i move up in limits ;D

And i make ~5 odds bet every day, so my actual poker br is hard to say what is.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      1) Over what sample size you have the mentioned winrate?
      2) What happened to the 5990$?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      1 Sample size i just over 1k hands, but because i only play 1-2 tables i get the sample pretty slow. I use all concentration on picking the right time to play, when most fishes is online. I have picked up a leak when i play 4+ tables that i dont use the player stats that much, which is actually a huge leak, and that is what i am working on. And completely avoiding tilt.

2 After i won that tour, i lost 1k$ in 5 mins, playing 2 sup turbo sitngos. After that i cashed everything out, and paid insurance etc. I had to cashout, because i was tripping so insanely ;D
      That is btw another leak i have, tilting when winning. So im started to just cashout. Or well years back i did that.

2 month ago i did the same thing, getting number 2 in a 600 tour, and then thought i was god, and just played 3 days after, but by then i wasnt finish with my winning-tilt. I played the next tour insanely well, till we where 18 left, then i started to tilt on behalf on my br so large in comparison to my deposit, thinking i could win every tour. And by that i broke my br rule, playing to expensive gtd tours, and woke up with suddenly then back to 50% br from deposit.
      Btw that was on partypoker.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: @50-60bb/100
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      When I have -10buyin ch sessions or -100 buyin 180 sessions I go play plo and somehow win it back everytime
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Yesterday I was very bored/tired/tilted so I opened up 7 sitngos and failed to cash in any so I was about 9 dollars down including rake.

I played a daily 30 dollar freeroll and ended up shipping it for 9 dollars while playing like a maniac on tilt lol.

Had no intent of playing poker, any hand I received worth raising or looking at a flop, I shipped it.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I managed to lose $400 in one session, successful tilt?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      ive done better
    • MarisStyle
      MarisStyle
      Bronze
      Uhmm , I were playing at party poker Action hour rebuy. I lost two times with Aces and kings vs small pairs or some random s... like 4,8. After that i was on tilt,so i went allin evry single hand :D When rebuy period was over i were made like 38 rebuys,can't remember correctly,maybe more :D
      And here is result :)
      [img][IMG]https://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9313/sadsve.th.png[/IMG][/img]
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarisStyle
      Uhmm , I were playing at party poker Action hour rebuy. I lost two times with Aces and kings vs small pairs or some random s... like 4,8. After that i was on tilt,so i went allin evry single hand :D When rebuy period was over i were made like 38 rebuys,can't remember correctly,maybe more :D
      And here is result :)
      [img][IMG]https://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9313/sadsve.th.png[/IMG][/img]
      Waiting for the page to load is like turning one of those lighters upside down so u can see the scantily clad woman become naked.Slow but worth it in the end ;)
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      I lost like 50 euro on sng's.
      Then I enter 0.50/1 euro shorthand table....I had 43 in the big blind...I call 3bet and...

Flop is A35 rainbow. Bet,raise and I go all in with my BIG draw(tryn to go broke or steal the pot)call and call.
      3 players all-in main pot is 150 euro !!
      Player 1 ,set of 3s,
      Player 2 ,AK
      Player 3 ,3 with a 4 kicker.
      Turn K river 2 and I win 150 euro on the first hand....50euro profit for the day.....

LoL tiltaments