How i lost my game?

• Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Guys how i lost my game? 8-9 months ago i was beating NL 0.25/0.50 six max and now i cant win at NL 0.05/0.10... In these 3-4 winning monts i was winning thousands of $, than had to cashout money because some problems in my life. After that i started from begining and now i struggle to survire. ?( cant find my game...
  • 14 replies
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Beating NL50 doesn't mean you can beat NL10 playing the same way. Opponents NL10 make so many idiot moves that just simply don't make any sense at all. Now if you try to get them using your NL50 strategy (range war, big bluffs etc) you're doomed. You'll also tilt and lose your confidence (as can be seen from your post).

You either have to start playing nitty ABC poker, which is hard to do if because it's rather mind numbening if you're used to NL50 SH-action, or you could get a stake at NL50.
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      i know that i cant play the same way NL50 and NL10, and im trying to adjust to that idiotic play, but something doesn't work out. I don't know, i'm trying to play ABC poker, but obviosly i'm bluff too much or something...
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      The best way to find out what is going wrong is that you post your trouble hands to forum and discus them with judges. I think this is a fantastic way to learn and to make you better and better.

I played NL100 SH a year ago and after a loosing week i was so frustrated that i cashed out almost everything.

I started again two weeks ago playing NL10 SH and i have to say that it is everything like i started from the beggining. Also on NL10 you play vs good player or at least not bad. Just thinking that all are idiots wont give us much success. If we play at the same level than they are i think this is not just a coincident:) )

And of course don't forget about BRM.

Good luck.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Alan

I have moved your thread to the NL Discussion where it belongs

Regards

Thazar
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Thazar this is not my thread it is Nemanjas.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I think it's just the impatience that comes with having to nit up.
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Maybe you're struggling to stay interested and concentrate fully at NL10 after playing NL50. Could you also be playing with a bit of an ego, thinking you're better than who you're playing with and so not playing properly? I know I've played like that before.
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      I think that i'm not fully concetrated on this level, because i think im better than them. Have to change that.
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      Don't Give up,Take some days rest from poker.Read some aricle watch some new video's and the result come easy,,,

Dont Give Up
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nemanjal87
      I think that i'm not fully concetrated on this level, because i think im better than them. Have to change that.
      had a similar problem when i moved down the limits, my arrogance was costing me money. i was constantly triing to make a move on them, and failed a lot of the time.

i think i solved it by: play session -> review -> post hands -> read article/coaching ...

because i thought i was so much better then them, i was playing really bad + probably tilting.
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tofu22
      Originally posted by Nemanjal87
      had a similar problem when i moved down the limits, my arrogance was costing me money. i was constantly triing to make a move on them, and failed a lot of the time.

i think i solved it by: play session -> review -> post hands -> read article/coaching ...

because i thought i was so much better then them, i was playing really bad + probably tilting.
      it seems to be story for most micro pokerplayer.

i have NP to turn profit and grind NL5/10 but however when I sit to a NL2 table I hardly ever left with any profit. problem was i didnt give people respect and like you say try to make moves to steal their stack but instead play really bad and tilt against legitimate players.

all about mindset here i think, as long as you can keep your discipline and give people at this tables the kind of credit they deserve you will be able to make some money in the long run. yes NL2 is incredibly slow and boring but if you wana make any profit on this stakes you goto treat it like any other stake table imo
    • oldschooling1
      oldschooling1
      Basic
      variance can be rough and is something we have to live with
    • KentBroockman
      KentBroockman
      Basic
      Idiots are very complicated to deal with in the game, and in the life, too )) Their moves go against primitive logic, so their wins are not to understand in the logical way, too.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      For the most part at any stake you need to differentiate between players that are thinking at an equal level as you, players lower than you or maybe competent players who are better than you and are a level or 2 above, because then you can assign a strategy vs said opponent, in any circumstance.
      The best thing you can do, and I've experienced in the past a situation similar to you is to read, read and read again (same for watching videos) really push yourself to evolve your game and take it forward, if you aren't learning anything from the content then play to move up in status, I think it's what drives most players, money aside.
      We can't say what your leaks are but I guarantee they're covered in many areas on this site, you might not be giving people credit for their ability, you might be chasing previous results but not fully understanding the logic behind them, resulting in more variance, couldn't say. Accepting you have leaks is a really tough challenge and can deter everyone from the game, no one is complete.
      The best books and articles are the ones where you can read them for a second time and pickup something new, or a different perspective or even cement what you already know.

p.s. Post hands, evaluate some yourself etc, just keep the Poker train moving :) Because it's a bugger to get started again when you hit bad times. Think of poker as a truck trying to get up a hill after coming to a stop, rewarding if you do everything properly and some how get it moving and eventually level but if you stop trying you can either go backwards or get no where.
      Hope my ramblings have helped :) Paul.