[NL2-NL10] NL200: A6s steal

Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $37
      BU:
      $290.70

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:diamond: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $7.00, BU calls $7.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($17.00) 6:heart: , K:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BU calls $10.00.

Turn: ($37.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($37.00) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $37.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ 6d, Ad ] a pair of Sixes
      BU shows [ Td, Jd ] a pair of Jacks
      BU wins $34.65 USD with a pair of Jacks.
  • 8 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Ok.
      Bronze
      Thank you, Berliner.
      I appreciate your help. I was wondering if my play on turn and river can always look like that. It's so easy to spot that I have nothing and float.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      no, it won`t always look like that. you need 25% equity to call. Here, against Kx, Jx you have 20% equity and 22% equity against PP, like 77.

So lets calculate how much FE do we need: (I assume 20% equity when called)

EV = FE*$37 + 1-FE (.2*$54 (blinds are raked) - .8*$20 )

FE = 16.3%

If you suspect him to float you or just to call the flop with a marginal hand (22-55, str8 draw, gutshot+backdoor) in at least 1 out of 6 times, then 2nd barrel becomes profitable.

As you see, odds are so high that it becomes profitable here, if you have something close to 6outs.

read more about second barelling:
      03/12 SSS Adv. Coaching - 2nd Barrels and Isolationraises
      Bronze
      Thank you very much, xylere.
      I read the article and I think I understand what you wanted to say. It's always appreciable to see some serious calculations in reply to your posts, so feel free to post them every time you're evaluating my play.
      Probably I should change my approach to the game and start to make calculations on my own. That way I'm sure I'll remember them.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I think you should)
      Downloading pokerstove or equilator is a good start) using these progs to evaluate several hands per day (even obvious ones) will boost your game.

I also higly recommend visiting xarry's advanced coachings and studying all the posts he made in this forum, you can find the list of them (i am updating it) here: News and Interesting hands

And post a lot of hands, of course) its always cool to see some higher limit posts here)
      Bronze
      I have equilator and use it sometimes, but probably too seldom.

I have Industrial Microbiology (oh it looks so ugly in english) laboratories exactly at the moment xarry2's coachings are being held. I read his rants but they're complex and reading them once can't really result in deep understanding.

As you can see, I posted few hands since yesterday. I'm wondering if not too many ;) . And not too obvious ones. But you don't look tired answering so I guess I'll post some more ;) .

And the limit - I tried NL200 for some time, but got beaten pretty badly. I'm afraid I'll have to stick to bm and post some 100 or even 50 (if my bad run won't stop) hands.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      As you can see, I posted few hands since yesterday. I'm wondering if not too many :) . And not too obvious ones. But you don't look tired answering so I guess I'll post some more Augenzwinkern .

not at all, I am happy to see any amount of hands here) I am mainly occupied with poker atm, so I am willing to spend a lot of time on the theory (which evaluating is a part of), since it is the only way to improve) So post as much as you want)

And the limit - I tried NL200 for some time, but got beaten pretty badly. I'm afraid I'll have to stick to bm and post some 100 or even 50 (if my bad run won't stop) hands.

Just face it) if you need to go lower - do it) its not a big deal, you will climb up fast. The main priority is working on your game, review your base, post some old hands...
      Bronze
      It's always nice to hear positive feedback. Thanks.