Tzeus

• tzeus
      tzeus
      Bronze
      Homework 1
      1. - > Money.
      2. - > It's gonna be a long list:
      I lack discipline sometimes(tough i respect the hands chart)
      I play when tired sometimes, I tilt pretty easily.
      I get bored after 1-2 hours of play. I want to get and play like 4 hours.
      I make rushed decisions
      3. - > TAG = Tight Aggressive - Tight means I only play a small number of hands ~20% i think, getting looser when on position and tighter when i am in early. Aggressive means i play the few hands that i play aggressive, betting and raising all the time given the situation. Not letting the others see free cards, unless i have the nuts and they ar drawing dead. Of course i will not bet as a maniac if i miss my flop and have a multiway pot, but in HU it's pretty easy to c-bet.
      It works because, there are many players that are not familiar with these things and they are always calling even if they don't have the odds, thus making our play profitable.
  • 9 replies
    • tzeus
      tzeus
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      I would play AQ more aggressively. What i mean by this:
      I noticed a little discrepancy:
      AQ MP = Fold if a player called -> I would raise here.
      And Suited Face cards MP = Call if someone called, ok by this.
      I ran AQo VS The chart range for suited face cards, and AQ wins 64.030% of the time.
      So ... I think this is the only think that i would play different.
      The chart was obviously made by ppl way more experienced than me, but i don't get that decision.
      I mean, ok Suited face card DO have OESD and AQ only has a gutshot, but i think that if we consider the times we miss the flop completely AQ has the edge.

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Text results appended to ***
      Wow, i never saw this coming :) )
      I expected to see the AKo favorite by a few percent, something like 52%/48%

1,109,572,992 games 0.746 secs 1,487,363,260 games/sec

Board:
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 46.324% 37.92% 08.41% 420706872 93287754.00 { AKo }
      Hand 1: 53.676% 45.27% 08.41% 502290612 93287754.00 { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Discipline is common problem for a lot of players. Few things you could set up for yourself is that you can put a plan which you follow. Like playing according the plan, trying to follow it and at the same time trying to force yourself to be disciplined rather than ignore the game. Also try to avoid distractions which can cause even to be undisciplined. Don't let anything distract you. Always try to remind you what you are doing at the tables!

Playing tired can cause a lot problems. Usually you are moody when tired and get easily angry. Which means you get easily tilty that brings towards you playing less your A-game. You have to find a way to adjust to that. For example against tilt:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Boredom in poker is like boredom at work. You going to start to do things which you shouldn't and which might even put you doing those things which you shouldn't do. Like playing too loose, playing too many hands, calling too loose at showdowns. All those kind of mistakes will cost you a lot in poker. Now think of poker as making money and working for the money, don't you want to make money? Which means you also have to find anything against the boredom. For some it might be fixed with playing more tables, some trying to force themselves against the boredom and always try to remind yourself what you are doing on the tables. Try out different things for yourself but try to fix the leak with the boredom. Boredom may force you doing also such things which may distract your game. Distractions therefore can make to also loose money.

Rushed decisions are just horrible. You will never profit from them, the money wont come faster but rather you will loose the money faster with fast decisions. Even sometimes take the timebank and think about the decision, what kind of range opponent could have, what kind of hand the opponent could be representing. All those kind of things will definitely help you earn even some profit from different kind of situations.

Tight style is usually called playing rather selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

AQ MP = Fold if a player called -> I would raise here.

Well, why not? The hand is strong enough and if you don't do mistakes postflop then the hand is totally fine to play even. Strong enough to raise. Although I would advice you to post hands you play to see how ya doing with them.

And Suited Face cards MP = Call if someone called, ok by this.

You can even consider calling with SCs, the guide ain't a must-follow. But rather it teaches you the easiest play in poker, preflop play & postflop play. Later on you will widen up your range anyways.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • tzeus
      tzeus
      Bronze
      I didn't get to read more lessons yet, but i recorded a video. Quality is quite good, and the size was kept to a minimum.

PS.: I forgot to put in the link:
      [img]http://dc222.4shared.com/img/s0UkPSC9/0.8058937979862915/1st_session.mp4[/img]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, as you may understand that's not in my tasks. :( If I start looking at all the recorded coachings what do you think how much time does it take me? So, sorry. :( Maybe some of the students will happily watch it.
    • tzeus
      tzeus
      Bronze
      No problem, it's easy to understand this :) .
      Whoever watches it and notices any mistakes i make, is welcome to post.
      Constructive criticism is welcome :D .
      I will post the video in the Video analysis forum as well.
    • tzeus
      tzeus
      Bronze
      HomeWork #3
      Question 0: Download and install the Equilab. - Done

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?

Preflop it's a coinflip. KQs has a slight advantage of 0.5%
      After the flop, and again ... I expected KQs to have more odds, we have like 10% chance of beating the set by making a flush.

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)

I would fold in this situation. Villain could have definitely called with A4s or some small pocket pair, and slow played it on the flop, or even made his straight on the turn.
      I don't see how i could call here, looking at this situation.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      I will post when it comes to it.
    • tzeus
      tzeus
      Bronze
      AQs on rainbow flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!