This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - JT vs minbets

• LimeAndCoconut
      LimeAndCoconut
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $5.20
      Hero (CO): $10.30
      BTN: $12.25
      SB: $3.70
      BB: $5.50

Pre-Flop: J:spade: T:club: dealt to Hero (CO)
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) K:spade: Q:spade: J:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($1.15) 6:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($1.35) J:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $3.15, Hero folds

This is probably one of my worst hands...
      I was planning to check raise flop but the minbet worried me. He had minbet a previous hand down to the river with a set. I thought he could very well have 2 pair or even AT. So I decided to just play the draw cheaply, which made for a tough river decision.

Also, if I bet flop and he calls, how do I play turn and river? I don't think I gain much information that way.
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I wouldn't bet that flop, too drawy, it's very likely he hit something and you're OOP. I would even fold against a decent bet, but since he min-bet it's OK to call the flop and turn.

On the river, with just the reads you provided, I sincerely don't know what to do. I'd probably choose the safe side, check and call a reasonable sized raise.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Bet Flop, turn player-dependent, but I'd often check and reevaluate. River sucks, but I think I'd fold - looks like he's very strong to me given he raises this board.