This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - AK on K83r

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $28,4
      Hero:
      $59,65
      BU:
      $24,2

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,90, 2 folds, BU calls $0,90, SB folds, BB calls $0,65.

Flop: ($2,85) K:spade: , 8:heart: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,8, BU folds, BB raises to $4,20, Hero calls $2,40.

From what i have seen so far Villain is passive so i just called since its a WA/WB situation.

Turn: ($11,25) 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Went for potcontrol since i don't know much of my opponent.

River: ($11,25) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

He seems to have a weak hand so i tried to get a littlebit from his Kx hands.

Final Pot: $11,25
  • 9 replies
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Sick spot on flop. Had villain raised bigger i would just fold. It's 3 way and he's passive. Vs that sizing i say NH. Prob bet slightly bigger R, hoping that he overplayed KQ/KJ, so 6$
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      He would bet KQ/KJ on turn aswell so you wont take a more value. For me his raise looks soo weak coz why you would raise this flop ? It's really no logic
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      He would bet KQ/KJ on turn aswell so you wont take a more value. For me his raise looks soo weak coz why you would raise this flop ? It's really no logic
      I don't understand what you are saying. I obv. trying to get at least 3 bets out of QJ /KT/JT type hands, and possibly 4. While if we just call we never get more than 3 and also we might also only get one or none if a scare card falls (which improves him or kills our action)
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      So what's your plan for this hand ?

Turn : for his check you bet ? If yes how much
      River : ??
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      I have no idea why my last comment is on this page. I meant to write it to another hand. I just check back turn as i said in the first comment and bet river 6$ ish when he checks twice. And fold if he bets big turn, or c/r river
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      from what hands you want take value by cx/r river ?

What I was saying / There is no logic point raise this flop by him on this kind of dry board - no FD / OESD/ so why he would raise it ? Even if he bet Turn big I would call and river bet to.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      What I was saying / There is no logic point raise this flop by him on this kind of dry board - no FD / OESD/ so why he would raise it ? Even if he bet Turn big I would call and river bet to.
      Exactly. That's why i fold ;) . If he has no point in raising only thing that remains are K3s, K8s (if he can have those) and 33, 88, and i think he has those very often due to it being multiway (people dont bluff raise often multiway). If he bets small turn like half pot i think he can have KJ / KQ sometimes, but if he bets big i don't think he can have those and therefore i would fold
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think tptk is a little too strong hand to b/f flop, especially since he made small c/r. Also realistically only 88 and 33 would beat your hand. You don´t have to protect your hand against draws and I think he would often just giving up, but I would personally go for value on the turn and river.
      I´d bet 4$ on the turn and then 1/3 or 1/2 pot on the river. Maybe he decided to c/r flop for value with KQ and then calling down.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      As the Villain seems tight/weak he could play sets like this on the flop to built the pot. Was just scared because of this on turn, thats why i didn't bet on turn.

If he bets more than ~5 i fold on turn since he builts the pot to ship river.

But as Kaitz said i missed some value there.