Coaching?

• sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Hey guys, love your site. Reasonably new to poker, and wanted to know if it is worth taking private coaching from a pro or something?
      And if so, how much do u recommend paying?

Also, i was looking through the private coaching thread in here, but didnt really find anything good. People charging 300/h is a little too much :P
      Any idea where to find something with a bit more reasonable prices? but still decent coaching ofc :) ?

Thanks. btw no idea if i can even ask this kind of stuff here? :)
  • 7 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi sebsejr,

What limits do you play?

But generally there is a lot of material that you can go through before taking private coaching. Have you read of the bronze articles? watch the videos?

Also remember that the more you play the more you have access to teaching material (so let's say if you manage to get to silver you will probably have access to twice more material).

You also have to possibility to post your hands in the evaluation forum where a professional hand judge will analyze your hands; and this is free!

Once you have done this and still feel like you need a private coach you can go back to the coaching thread and look up for a coach (the ones charging 300$ are high quality coaches and usually teach players that have already a good level). You will find more affordable coaches that could help you out!
    • sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Alright. Thanks alot!

Btw i play NL4
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he sebsejr,

why would you pay for a coaching if you can get it for free?

PokerStrategy.com offers free for you:

-strategy articles
      -live coaching sessions
      -videos for your game type

You say it is no personal service like in a live personal coaching? Then take this:

- we also have our hand evaluation forum where you can check with our experts if you played your hands correctly -includes dedicated, personal service!
      - why not take part in our No Limit beginners course? It's a free chance to boost your poker skill & having a structured approach to learn poker.
      You can find more about our beginner course here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1992/

Did the answer help you ? Do you need any more specific help? Just ask,we are glad to assist you.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I guess I won't bother next time
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      no,please!
      I am sorry to not have thanked you - its great when our most experienced members help our newbies,too!
      Thank you Dublimax!
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey sebsejr,

Thanks for posting! And of course you can ask this stuff here! :f_p:

First things first, here is the Private Coaching board in General Poker Discussion

For beginners like us, in general, a private coaching doesn't make sense simply because the education content at PokerStrategy is readily accessible & holds a vast knowledge of many people. There is more than enough content to ensure a steady climb through the limits, until, the limits you play would make a private coaching affordable. As you mentioned in your post, at first glance, these private offers seem very expensive for beginners.

The truth is you get what you pay for, and the coaches who offer private coaching know the value their teachings hold as well as how good they are at delivery of their knowledge, which is why these offers are simply not affordable to micro-stakes players.

The good news is, the information we as microstakes players require to improve our game, is provided by PokerStrategy.com to fill this "gap", and for this reason our education offer is heavily attractive and useful for people learning the game and progressing through the limits.

Below I have collected some links relating to our Bronze and introductory content for your convenience:

This is a fantastic place to start:

NL Beginners Course Overview (A structured & regular delivery of a specially selected curriculum for No-Limit BSS Beginners)

This is a Beginners Learning Path, which is your overview and guide on progression through our collection of Articles, Videos, Quizzes + more.

Some more nicey for you:

Bronze Articles

Basic / Bronze Videos
      No-Limit Big Stack Strategy
      Sit & Go
      Multi Table-Tournament
      Pot-Limit Omaha

My personal recommendation;

Join a Private Coaching where one of our coaches will spend regular time on a particular gametype & subject for the (huge) benefit of those who attend :f_p:

I hope you find what you're looking for & let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks for chiming in Dublimax & Sven! :f_cool:

All the best,

-E
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Hi Max,

Thanks a million for helping out! Love the shiny Diamond avatar too :)

Ingrid