BB: $11.51
      UTG: $1.80
      UTG+1: $9.82
      Hero (MP): $27.27
      MP+1: $3.34
      CO: $15.82

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, MP+1 calls $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.60, 4 players) 5:club: 2:heart: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, fold, SB calls $1.30, BB calls $1.30

Turn: ($5.50, 3 players) J:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4.25, SB raises to $8.30, fold, Hero calls $4.05

River: ($22.10, 2 players) K:club:

SB shows J:spade: J:club: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 19%, Flop 9%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:heart: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 81%, Flop 91%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $21.00

SB player:

I think that I played it every street in standard way. I'm thinking about turn but in my opinion not much I could have done there and just called. The pot was so big that I couldn't have escape from this hand... what do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      SB is very strong on the turn, he still has BB to act behind him and is not affraid to get it in. That and a fact his stats are 12/7 I think means you are very rarely good here.
      I think you can bet small on turn with intention of folding vs SB.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by random3
      I think you can bet small on turn with intention of folding vs SB.
      this sentence caused that I'm sure that I played it correct on the turn...
      bet small? on this board because you want to fold if he rr? If you think that you are beaten, don't bet at all...
      I think that it wouldn't have been mistake if I had bet for $5 and committed myself to the pot. This board is great for my KK so I wanted put as much money as possible in the pot.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Standard Baluga theorum - when you get raised on the turn a one-pair hand is virtually never ahead against a straightforward tight player like this.

Unless you have a specific read you can safely muck your KK to the turn reraise.

I would also bet out pretty big on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, actually I don't like that much in the first place the bet on turn. I mean you are just making all kind of weaker PPs to fold there, they are never paying you 3 streets. Neither there ain't that many draws. I'd consider Checking behind while being in a multiway pot.

Also even if I do Bet it then it's Bet/Fold, although I'd bet ~$3. He is never raising there with worse unless he is a maniac.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Your line on the turn is Check/Call?
      Do I play this line always against more opponents with OP?
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Well, actually I don't like that much in the first place the bet on turn. I mean you are just making all kind of weaker PPs to fold there, they are never paying you 3 streets. Neither there ain't that many draws. I'd consider Checking behind while being in a multiway pot.

Checking behind on the turn with an overpair seems like giving up some value to me.

Vilain`s range for calling preflop is probably something like: 22-QQ, AT-AQ, KJs-KQ, QTs, QJ, JTs. You probably get value on the turn from AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, QQ which makes up much more of his range than sets.

I agree that a smaller bet is better though to keep in his one pair type hands.

I suppose checking behind on the turn/and calling or betting if checekd to on the river might be a better line...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      Your line on the turn is Check/Call?
      Do I play this line always against more opponents with OP?
      Well, depending on the opponents. If I expect the opponent to pay us 3 streets then go for it! Bet all streets. But usually they will have really hard time calling with a lot worse there on turn and at the same time we just isolate against sets. :) What do you think hands like 77-TT will do there? Most likely they will just fold to your 2nd barrel, while they might still pay on river.

The only thing you are doing on turn is that you are betting for protection from SD/backdoor-FD.