[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH QJs

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I recide to take the flop with suited broadway cards and flop top 2.

Should I check-raise the flop for protection here?

Because I don't check-raise the flop I dont have initiative. I could donk the turn to protect my hand?

I dont really like the river since he can have something like AT/JT. I feel like he double barrels QT or 9T. Also, I think he should be protecting KQ/AQ on the turn. I can't even beat AA/KK anymore. River is a fold?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.47
      MP2:
      $10.83
      MP3:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.30) Q:club: , J:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.9, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.10) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($3.10) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.85, Hero calls $1.85.

Final Pot: $6.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Kd Qs)
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Qd Jd)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and jacks (Qd Jd)
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I think that here is important not to play for large pots.

So i think u played it well.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Most likely I'd just bet myself right on flop to protect my hand from any kind of draws. If they have a hand they are willing to pay anyways. At the same time we avoid Checking behind and the same kind of situation like which happened when they Check behind the turn. Just Bet the flop & turn.

But as played, well... even his Qx is pretty much turned into bluff, now Tx makes a straight. For that given part if you expect him even to bluff this way then I might consider Calling, but more likely it's a bet for value. Which makes me towards a fold. But as you see it's very easy to avoid such spots by just betting yourself on flop and even turn, much more value.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I always forget that it's fine to donk bet the flop with strong made hands on wet boards multiway. My inclination is to always let the preflop aggressor continue. Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      I always forget that it's fine to donk bet the flop with strong made hands on wet boards multiway. My inclination is to always let the preflop aggressor continue. Thanks!
      HU -> go for it but usually not in multiway. :) If they have a hand they are willing to pay anyways and at the same time you protect your hand, might even induce a raise with TP/overpair.