[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AKo

• Meemawuk
      Guy was running super hot this session. He stacked me earlier flatting my 3-bet pre with AA when I had QQ. As you can see he had picked up a few more stacks, so I decide to take a more cautious line.

I flet IP with AK and flop TPTK. He c-bets which I expect and I just call.

Turn is a blank and he checks. At this Point I think he is either trapping, or check-folding so I decide to check back and re-evaluate the river where I think I can get value from a lot of pocket pairs.

River pairs board which is good for me and he checks. Now I'm sure I have the best hand so I bet it for value. I think he will call with 77/88/TT/JJ/QQ.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) K:heart: , 9:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.55) 6:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.55) 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.97, MP3 calls $0.97.

Final Pot: $3.49

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Js Jd)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and sixes (Ad Ks)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and sixes (Ad Ks)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Somehow I like even the Check behind on turn, while he might still Call us even with weaker pairs/PPs on river. Plus there ain't gonna be many draws from which we need to protect. Of course if we would expect him to pay even with worse PPs both streets then you can also consider Betting turn & river.

Best Regards.