BB ($11.86)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($12.97)
      CO ($4.35)
      Hero ($11.22)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($1.15) 4:diamond: J:diamond: T:diamond:

SB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.85, Hero raises to $3.10, SB folds, UTG+1 raises to $12.62 (AI), Hero calls $7.77 (AI)

TURN ($22.89) 4:diamond: J:diamond: T:diamond: Q:diamond:

RIVER ($22.89) 4:diamond: J:diamond: T:diamond: Q:diamond: 7:club:

15/14/4.5
      fold to 3bet 100 (7)
      cbet 72
      hands 313

He folds to 3bets alot so I don't 3bet. BUt could be that those 7 times he had bad hand and had to fold to 3bet. But no problem playin KK IP post flop.

Now when he 3bets, I think I cannot get away. He might have AJ and combodraws.
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well if player does fold a lot of hand i dont care. In this case i like to 3bet because i dont want to play in multiway pot because there is many chances that SB or BB will call and that could cost us a lot and force us to make very difficult decision post flop.

Well then on the flop you 3bet and i think this is the worse you can do. This was just pure bluff, In such a case it is very difficult that someone will call with worse hand.

So one way is that you just call and see the showdown as cheaply as possible or just fold.

This is my opinion which is wrong almost all the time:) ))
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Super-standard 3bet, whatever if he does fold 100%. I don't care. I am not giving great odds for others to Call.

As played
      Postflop: Well, and now even overplaying, raising into a multiway pot while the kind of board hardly hits his range. Could easily even be JJ/TT which did hit. There are only few combos which you beat and at the best for you it's a flip. I'd definitely just Call and reevaluate it on turn.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Super-standard 3bet, whatever if he does fold 100%. I don't care. I am not giving great odds for others to Call.

But I don't understand then - we achieve only one thing - take the pot down. We are not getting calls from worse hands. On flop we are almost always thinking about that - do we beat the calling range? If not, then we don't raise, even if the flush or overcards could hit his range and we have to fold on turn. So I think the same is preflop. If you would say - the sample is not big enough, then I would understand the logic at least.

Also we call with hands like 99, and give for other great odds to call, but still its profitable if we do that thing. So with KK it also should be profitable, assuming we don't make mistakes postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Super-standard 3bet, whatever if he does fold 100%. I don't care. I am not giving great odds for others to Call.

But I don't understand then - we achieve only one thing - take the pot down. We are not getting calls from worse hands. On flop we are almost always thinking about that - do we beat the calling range? If not, then we don't raise, even if the flush or overcards could hit his range and we have to fold on turn. So I think the same is preflop. If you would say - the sample is not big enough, then I would understand the logic at least.

Also we call with hands like 99, and give for other great odds to call, but still its profitable if we do that thing. So with KK it also should be profitable, assuming we don't make mistakes postflop.
      And what do you want to achieve with it then? You really want all the opponents behind call with hands like 68s or whatsoever and hit vs your kings? Or rather make the pay more and not give them correct odds. :)

Also do you really think he will pay you a lot more on flop when you raise? :D When he wont hit he wont pay you. Most likely nits might even fold to raise and sh*t into their pants with TP.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      And what do you want to achieve with it then? You really want all the opponents behind call with hands like 68s or whatsoever and hit vs your kings? Or rather make the pay more and not give them correct odds.

I want keep QQ, AK, in his range and not to isolate against AA :) ok, but I agree, I am raising next time with KK. SB and BB could call me with QQ, AK if UTG+1 folds. I didn't think about those.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      And what do you want to achieve with it then? You really want all the opponents behind call with hands like 68s or whatsoever and hit vs your kings? Or rather make the pay more and not give them correct odds.

I want keep QQ, AK, in his range and not to isolate against AA :) ok, but I agree, I am raising next time with KK. SB and BB could call me with QQ, AK if UTG+1 folds. I didn't think about those.
      Isolate against only one hand? Well... don't even want to comment that. :> Don't predict the opponent having only one hand. Easy 3bet for value, never-ever I am trapping there.