Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $8.40
      Hero (CO): $10.45
      BTN: $11.95
      SB: $6.70
      BB: $10.15
      UTG: $4.65

Pre-Flop: J:club: J:spade: dealt to Hero (CO)
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN calls $0.80, SB calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.70) 2:heart: 7:spade: 8:heart: (3 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2, SB folds

Turn: ($6.70) A:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.60, Hero folds

Bet more on flop, I know. What's my turn action, though?
  • 4 replies
    • vladnz
      bet /fold river?

his river bet looks weak
    • LimeAndCoconut
      It's the turn, not the river.

And what would he call the flop with that I beat on the turn? He would call with a flushdraw, which hit, maybe AK or AQ, which hit. Since he called a big preflop raise, he might even have KK or QQ. He's clearly a donkey, and capable or playing those hands in weird ways. He might even have 2 pair or a set.

The only hands that I beat are 99, TT, and some sort of 89s type of hand. If he had one of those, he would probably either bet the turn bigger or check.

And I can't just call, I probably have 2 outs max (maybe drawing dead). So I would have to just check/fold the river.
    • aciddrop
      Given that he has called preflop behind a minraise and a reraise, and called the flop bet, he is either a total donkey, or a player who has lucked on to a hand. In any case, I think any reasonable turn bet here would have to commit you, and any worse hand should fold, while any better hand would raise or push.

If he has min bet the turn because he is a donkey who doesn't know what he has got, then a block bet turn may have worked, but mostly would just cost money, so I agree with you that c/f this turn is probably best.

Get him later. Like when you are holding K :heart: Q :heart: on this board for example. ;)
    • Thorsten77
      I bet/fold the turn. I think the most likely hand he has is a pocket and you'll get this to fold after the flush and the A turns...