This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Do you make significantly less money since it's prohibited in some european countries?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      As far as I know, in France and Spain (and I think there's another one I don't remember) they can only play with french/spanish players. Did that impact your average number of referees/month?
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tosh,

Let's hope you get some answers from our members :)

How is it going for you then?

Ingrid
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      My number of referees/month was very low already before this started, so I don't know if it got worse or not... For someone who refers more people it's easier to see :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      My number of referees/month was very low already before this started, so I don't know if it got worse or not... For someone who refers more people it's easier to see :)
      Yeah, I understand. What method do you use to advertise us and where? :) We can always give you some tips and see if it improves.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      In general, regulated markets such as France or Italy boost poker locally, as even state-owned operators join the fray etc.pp.

As you refer to PokerStrategy.com, this should not be a problem - as our French and Italian websites also offer free money / deposit bonuses for the local poker rooms!

When having mixed geographic traffic, make sure you advertise our root URL, http://www.pokerstrategy.com/#uXXXX.

Reason: without a language sub-domain, we will detect the customer language automatically & redirect the player to the right language/landing page.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Yeah, I understand. What method do you use to advertise us and where? :) We can always give you some tips and see if it improves.
      I put the link on youtube videos. I had a video getting 2k views a day, and in total I was getting like 6k views/day on all my videos, but the accounts got closed because of copyright infringement :( That's why I started getting so few referrals, now I only have some videos (not copyrighted this time).

Hmm if I don't use the root URL won't TAF count french and italian players?
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Ideally, you should always use the root, i.e. http://www.pokerstrategy.com - as it re-directs players depending on their Geo-IP/Browser Language.

If a French or Italian get redirected to the respective language versions of PokerStrategy.com, they also have local free money offers available etc.pp.

By the way: SP/head is higher in France and Italy than the average.