Do you make significantly less money since it's prohibited in some european countries?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      As far as I know, in France and Spain (and I think there's another one I don't remember) they can only play with french/spanish players. Did that impact your average number of referees/month?
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tosh,

Let's hope you get some answers from our members :)

How is it going for you then?

Ingrid
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      My number of referees/month was very low already before this started, so I don't know if it got worse or not... For someone who refers more people it's easier to see :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      My number of referees/month was very low already before this started, so I don't know if it got worse or not... For someone who refers more people it's easier to see :)
      Yeah, I understand. What method do you use to advertise us and where? :) We can always give you some tips and see if it improves.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      In general, regulated markets such as France or Italy boost poker locally, as even state-owned operators join the fray etc.pp.

As you refer to PokerStrategy.com, this should not be a problem - as our French and Italian websites also offer free money / deposit bonuses for the local poker rooms!

When having mixed geographic traffic, make sure you advertise our root URL, http://www.pokerstrategy.com/#uXXXX.

Reason: without a language sub-domain, we will detect the customer language automatically & redirect the player to the right language/landing page.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Yeah, I understand. What method do you use to advertise us and where? :) We can always give you some tips and see if it improves.
      I put the link on youtube videos. I had a video getting 2k views a day, and in total I was getting like 6k views/day on all my videos, but the accounts got closed because of copyright infringement :( That's why I started getting so few referrals, now I only have some videos (not copyrighted this time).

Hmm if I don't use the root URL won't TAF count french and italian players?
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Ideally, you should always use the root, i.e. http://www.pokerstrategy.com - as it re-directs players depending on their Geo-IP/Browser Language.

If a French or Italian get redirected to the respective language versions of PokerStrategy.com, they also have local free money offers available etc.pp.

By the way: SP/head is higher in France and Italy than the average.