Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.21
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 5:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.21) A:club: , 9:spade: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.21) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15.

River: ($0.51) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BB raises to $0.36, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.05

My thought process here was just to steal blinds, but he minraises?? Wat type of hands is he doing this with, like wat kinda range cos im not sure.

But i decide, ok im IP so decide to see a flop, flop gives me gutshot, and im just basically giving up unless i get free card, wen i hit on turn, wen he bets im expecting him to have something like AJ+, seen as tho he 3bet preflop.

Should i take free showdown? I was kicking myself afterwards for being greedy by putting in a small value bet. Also FD completed.
  • 2 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Keoghh

Preflop:
      It wa a lose steal VS lose opponent. I would be a lit thighter then 56o.

As played:
      I would call his minraise as well, would be weak to fold and he's going to 3bet you everytime you try to steal.

Flop
      I would have a stab at the pot. If he is a lose player he's going to bet his Ax on the flop and not slowplaying it.

Turn
      Your bet is to small. You have a straight, the flushdraw is on the board and there are higher straights possible. But he is not going to 3bet you with 10J. Don't give the river to him that cheap.
      I would bet ~$0.18

River
      River is a harsh card for us. I would just check behind.

As played:
      I would call him. He only minraised and I will call this for sure. He playes lose, doesn't have a 100BB stack, to small 3bet preflop, small 3bet river. That gives me more then enough reasons to all him.
      Me might do this with A10+, the 10 would be bad, but AJ, AQ, AK that's the target. maybe he does it with JJ+ and he's thinking you don't have an A.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

Preflop: Well, I don't like your Call here. I mean even if it's a min-raise. What you trying to hit with 65? You will practically more often make mistakes vs his stack rather than do any profit from the Call.

As played
      Postflop: Well, after him Checking the flop which is a sign of weakness I'd most likely take a stab right there with even having a GS for myself and definitely even fold equity. Although as played, not much you can do there. Even betting the river might be really pointless since better straights/flushes possible. Not much will pay you.

Best Regards.