Problems with Elephant

• deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Hi all! Really eager to start building stats and using graphs but am having all kinds of problems with trackers. Tried using Poker Tracker and it couldn't find where I'm storing my hand histories (TBH, neither can I - set programs to store HHs locally) and so I am giving Elephant a go.

Going through set up wizard and it's asking me to create a database but when I type in a username and password it keeps giving me a "FATAL: 28000" message telling me I failed and database connection is lost. What am I doing wrong? Am sure that I'm being a dumbass but help would be appreciated. Haven't even set up database details and it's giving me messages that my password is wrong!
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi deezer79,

I have moved your thread to it's appropriate home.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey deezer79,

postgreSQL is installed on your machine, right?

Make sure the postgreSQL service is up and running. Open up the control panel, go to 'administrative tools' and open up 'services'.

Search for the postgreSQL database service and start it in case it's not started already.
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Thought this was deleted :-). There was no message that it had been moved and luckily I found the sub-forum.

Thanks for the reply mrk1988. I didn't know what postgreSQL was, just downloaded it and tried to install but it's pulling the same crap Elephant is. Asked me to put in a password or click next to get one given to me - I type one in and it's invalid and if I click next, I need a password to continue. Maybe I tried to download this piece of software before but it doesn't look familiar. Any alternative?
    • Katniss
      Katniss
      Bronze
      I'm having the identical problem. I hope one of us can get a good answer.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Please install postgreSQL version 8.3. The installer asks you 2 times for a username and password. These two can be the same - you do not need to accept the password creatiion dialog, where the installer sets a password for you. Simply click "No" and the password you entered will be valid.