Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($5) 16/12 cbet 43% (23cases) 576 hands
      BB ($2.48)
      UTG ($3.62)
      Hero ($3.02)
      BTN ($1)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.07, fold, SB raises to $0.22, fold, Hero calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.46) 7:club: 4:spade: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26

TURN ($0.98) 7:club: 4:spade: 5:heart: K:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.62, SB raises to $4.52 (AI), Hero calls $1.92 (AI)

decided to float flop, see what he does on turn. Knowing he's a competent player I recognised that he may recognise my float and bluff me off but this is unlikely. On turn I can also possibly see KQ and AK doing this?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Quadzzzzzzz,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Well, what's the reason for Calling in first place against him? He does look very nitty for SH play and for me it should be standard fold actually.

As played
      Postflop: No point to float against those kind of opponents who have such a small CB amount. It's only made hands which he is CBetting, you totally overplayed your hand and floated against wrong opponent. Not much to add, as you even hit your hand, although doubt you gonna ever see there a lot worse like KQ unless he really has huge 3bet but what I doubt for such a nit. One option would be even to Check behind on turn to get value from weaker PPs there, although if you think he is capable of paying 2 streets then go for it.

Best Regards.