New poker room needed

• vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      Hi all. I unfortunately just hit silver star status at pokerstars, and realized, they cut off my strategy points, and aren't going to give them back to me.

Seeing as the articles and coachings are more important than the room I play at, I have to leave pokerstars and take out all my money to a new room. (sorry failstars!)

So, I'm looking for another room and I would like to keep using Pokerstrategy Elephant.

So between the remaining available poker rooms, PartyPoker, Everest, Titan, and Mansion, do you guys have any suggestions? I have a PartyPoker account set up and tracked, but never used before.
  • 13 replies
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      Nevermind I decided. Everest poker has the most attractive offers for me.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Pokerstars did the same to me. No more rake from my side either

I think everest is a good choice. I tryed it once and it seems soft
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      I like soft :)
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Choosing the right Poker Room for you!
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Why is this. Are they allowed to do this. Is there any other reason
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      nope. I think I created an account, put the wrong code in, NEVER used the account EVER, and made another one to put it in right the second time. They recently went through all the doubles and removed their strategy bonuses. A few players here have reported losing their points this month. It's crap, and I've already withdrawn my money. I'm still gonna talk to stars support though, and let them know that I'm leaving stars because they gone and pulled a fast one like this.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vanderveen89
      Hi all. I unfortunately just hit silver star status at pokerstars, and realized, they cut off my strategy points, and aren't going to give them back to me.

Seeing as the articles and coachings are more important than the room I play at, I have to leave pokerstars and take out all my money to a new room. (sorry failstars!)

So, I'm looking for another room and I would like to keep using Pokerstrategy Elephant.

So between the remaining available poker rooms, PartyPoker, Everest, Titan, and Mansion, do you guys have any suggestions? I have a PartyPoker account set up and tracked, but never used before.
      Hi there vanderveen89,

We're happy to help you find your new "home" :D and created a helpful thread here.

Reply the thread and answer these questions:

1. Which game type you play? (No limit? Sit & Go? MTT? PLO, Fixed Limit, Other?)

2. Which limit do you play? (example: NL25, SNG $11, FL .50/1)

3. Short handed or full ring tables, or even Heads-Up?

4. How much do you play? (e.g. I play 3 hours a week, or I generate $1000 rake/month)

5. Where do you already have an account?

We'll be with you shortly and letting you know our suggestions.

Ingrid
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I always wonder why people play on pokerstars. They are the thoughtest room around. Unless you are:

1. mass multitable grinder
      2. highstakes player
      3. apply for supernova

Then no reason to join pokerstars. The rake, promo, rakeback, all weighted toward players above.

They do not give casual player good promo/bonus. Nothing at all!! C'mon boicotte pokerstars!!
    • karl43
      karl43
      Bronze
      I think I created an account, put the wrong code in, NEVER used the account EVER, and made another one to put it in right the second time.

How can people be mad at a pokersite for this and that , when they are making two accounts .
      I belived it must be clear to all that if you break the rules on a poker site it will have consequnce .

I dont get it ????????????
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by karl43
      I think I created an account, put the wrong code in, NEVER used the account EVER, and made another one to put it in right the second time.

How can people be mad at a pokersite for this and that , when they are making two accounts .
      I belived it must be clear to all that if you break the rules on a poker site it will have consequnce .

tbh i think if they havent played a single hand on the first account then stars should delete the first account and give them the SPs....
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Well, I've been always told that Stars has no tolerance about breaking the rules, but a week ago I just realised I have 2 Stars accounts. I made the 1st years ago and forgot about it than again some months ago I made another (I thought I'll need it to watch coaching) and so I wrote to their support that I have accidentaly made 2 accounts, but never played any real money hands, nor used any bonuses, promotions and they kindly let me chose which account do I want to keep and they deleted the other and that's it. So I think we should always be honest and ask their support about anything we don't know.
    • karl43
      karl43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clawindsouza
      Originally posted by karl43

tbh i think if they havent played a single hand on the first account then stars should delete the first account and give them the SPs....
      Yes i belive they should be able to do that too but i would not open a second account and hope it was not detekted . i would write support and explain them i put in a wrong code . if you open a second accound you are breaking they rules , and the first account you made will be the one you have to live whit
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Stars has the lowest rake for almost all games at almost all stakes which is something to be considered too. A site can give you a high rakback % but if their actual rake is higher then it might not be as attractive as it seems.