PS vs bots

• Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi!

First of all, I know there's been a similar thread but that has been closed due to some flaming, but I have to try to get some answers and so please everybody behave.

So we've been informed that iPoker has no bots, they don't allow them. But I would bet on my left nut, that the shorthanded limit holdem games from 5c/10c to up until $0.25c/$0.50 are flooded with bots. Probably more types too, but I can't comment on that.

Some suspected accounts: Mahairod, beninnio, nomorewar, Huko34Huk, alavala, zacharyas, youhavenoclue, inteswwerm, Ewawa, appollodor, Scotty2011

Of course probably not all of them are bots, but most of them must be.
      Now I'm not going to list tells about why are they suspected to be bots, nor going to argue with anyone who thinks there are no bots on iPoker, those have been discussed on virtually every poker forum.
      All I want is to get PokerStrategy to press iPoker (not sub-skins) on investigating these accounts, or the most suspected accounts which you can found in every forum about the topic all over the net. This is the minimum to at least investigate them. If they refuse, they can be forced to do so by contacting the organization which gave them the permit to operate.
      At least I think this is the way to go.

Thoughts?
  • 13 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Szia Tarhonya,

Good to see you back in the English community and thanks for posting your concerns here! :)

We are fully aware of this issue and we would really like to help the poker rooms to get rid of this problem. Therefore, we decided to report every single case through our channels, so feel free to post any suspicious username you have.

For now, I would like to ask you to either open a ticket or just write it up here for me and give us a detailed information with regards to the mentioned names above. Explain to us why you think they are bots and send us any proof you may have at this point.

I will then forward this to our Key account manager who's going to communicate this to iPoker.

Hope this helps.
      Ingrid
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Well, thank you, but I'm kinda changed my mind :(

I really don't seee the point of going after the bot accounts one by one. I believe this matter could only be resolved if iPoker's management would change their attitude - which I just can't see happening anytime soon. On a side note I think it's kinda funny that both William Hill's and Poker770's support saying that there are absolutely no bots at their tables even thought they have absolutely no voice in the happenings, they belong to iPoker Network, which call the shots.
      They make a tremendous amount of profit from the rake the bots generate which can easily make them look the other way, for example:

And anybody can get their own working ipoker bot just by searching 2 magic words in google, so kicking out a couple of them wouldn't make a difference.

Although I'm not an expert on identifying bots, let me share just one example why would I accuse anyone of using bots:

It's not impossible, but not likely that someone would play almost 13 hour long sessions on a regular basis. Imo checking the suspicious accounts in PTR should be enough for any decent poker site to start an investigation.

I'm getting some more points to get gold and leave ipoker once and for all, and I advise the same to everyone who plays the micros.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tarhonya,

Thank you for coming back to me. I understand your frustration and as I said we are happy to investigate further. Just give me the go ahead.

Anything else I can help you with, shout.

Ingrid
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i just searched a bit throuh Internet and i can confirm that mostly of them are known bots.

here are links and comments by ppl:

mahairod

beninnio

zacharyas

Well end so on. U are not alone and ppl already realized that they play with bots. And they play vs bots for about a year

this is disgusting.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Indeed. And that's only FL sh/hu micro. There's rumors about nl bots too.
      Don't get me wroong, I'm not naive, I know every site has some amount of bots, and on the other hand I know some users can produce really surprising results like 1mil hands a month, but this is just insane.

A good indicator of them is the top winners of the month list by hands played because obviously that's the most suspicious, although of course it's not conclusive.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ipoker-top-hold'em-winners-month/0.10-0.20-FL

Scotty2011 - 16 hour long heads up session. Sounds legit.
      (Why would anyone stay on micros with that much success?)

littleprincces - ~12 hour long HU sessions with an incredibly stable game (graph)

beninnio - ~12 hour long sessions, 3.2mil lifetime hands, still can only beat micros.

etc.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Thanks for helping out in this matter.

I collected the usernames from this thread and we're going to report it to iPoker.

Keep you posted
      Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Indeed. And that's only FL sh/hu micro. There's rumors about nl bots too.
      Don't get me wroong, I'm not naive, I know every site has some amount of bots, and on the other hand I know some users can produce really surprising results like 1mil hands a month, but this is just insane.

A good indicator of them is the top winners of the month list by hands played because obviously that's the most suspicious, although of course it's not conclusive.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ipoker-top-hold'em-winners-month/0.10-0.20-FL

Scotty2011 - 16 hour long heads up session. Sounds legit.
      (Why would anyone stay on micros with that much success?)

littleprincces - ~12 hour long HU sessions with an incredibly stable game (graph)

beninnio - ~12 hour long sessions, 3.2mil lifetime hands, still can only beat micros.

etc.
      any chance you could provide me with graphs that you mentioned or screen shots please?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      There is also BotScore indicator on pokertableratings. All player mentioned above have the BotScore between 40 and 50.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      any chance you could provide me with graphs that you mentioned or screen shots please?
      No problem.

Surpisingly they are both online and playing at the moment.
      These two are the most obvious, but it should be enough to start to investigate further more. I mean, they are not even sophisticated enough to register more accounts for the bots to reduce suspicion by dividing the amounts they play.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Switch to no limit, that should solve it.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/action-vs-poker-bots-networks-should-work-together-combat-them-please-email-sites-1116939/
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      Yeah.. I was thinking more along the lines of changing rooms and continue with FL, but atm I have only an iPoker account connected to PokerStrategy.
      And I'm not a big fan of NL and there's rumors about sss bots on iPoker anyway.
      Also, I like sng's, but the rake there is just beyond belief!

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/action-vs-poker-bots-networks-should-work-together-combat-them-please-email-sites-1116939/
      I did but they never answered, and I don't think spamming them would change anything, but what the hell, I did anyway. I also mailed WillHill and 770 and both their support assured me that there are no bots on their network.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      about the bots on 888: just banning simgle accounts obviously isn't going to solve the problem, as the botters can makes new accounts. and these aren't just FL2 grinders or rakeback machines, they have a substantial edge at NL50 FR.

feel free to delets this post if it's not relevant enough