[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AhKh

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is LP - 36/8/2.0 AF / 28 WTSD / 2.6K hands

No 3b pre due to his low PFR value so as not to ISO myself vs QQ+ AK+

Raise turn for value and protection? If so I would have to raise/fold because he can easily call with AT+ but wont 3b on the flop with anythhing worse.

I decided to flat call since it was a dry board and maybe he keeps firing with weaker aces.

Turn is a bad card as QQ/ AQ get there so I decided my goal here was to get to showdown as cheaply as possible vs weaker Aces? Should I bet/fold the turn to get value from weaker aces since his stats suggest he might just c/c T+R w/ weaker aces since he is passive.

E* @ river = .94/2.74 = 0.34 X 100 = 34%

preflop I gave him something like 88+,ATs+,KQs,AQo+, but by the river I only think he bets with TP+, so against that range I dont really have enough equity to call here and there is no chance this opponent is on worse than TP here in my experience.

Thanks

Board: A:spade: 3:club: 9:diamond:  Q:heart:  2:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     69.57%  56.52%  13.04% { AdAc, QdQs, QdQc, QsQc, 9h9s, 9h9c, 9s9c, AdKd, AcKc, AdQd, AcQc, AdJd, AcJc, AdTd, AcTc, AdKs, AdKc, AcKd, AcKs, AdQs, AdQc, AcQd, AcQs }
      BU     30.43%  17.39%  13.04% { AhKh }

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $13.20
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.04
      UTG: $18.93
      UTG+1: $12.17
      MP: $14.58
      MP+1: $10.00
      LP: $2.55

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 3:club: A:spade: 9:diamond:
      CO bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52

Turn: ($1.89, 2 players) Q:heart:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.89, 2 players) 2:club:
      CO bets $0.94, Hero calls $0.94

CO shows Q:club: Q:spade: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 54%, Flop 9%, Turn 100%)
      Hero mucks K:heart: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 46%, Flop 91%, Turn 0%)
      CO wins $3.59
  • 5 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: You're still ahead of his range so I would 3bet him. If you think he's tight and if he 4bet-shoves with QQ+, AK then you might be thinking of folding. Seeing his stats I'm not so sure he does that.

Flop: If you 3bet preflop, you could go broke here. In this situation you want to get some value. You're way ahead of his 8% pfr range. Board is not draw heavy so you could be thinking of just calling here.

Turn: Now we're sorry for not raising the flop. We're still way ahead but can't really get value from many hands. AJ and AT won't pay us. We might hope for a split. For you to be able to check behind here it's really good.
      Veriz will probably advise bet/fold (not going broke).

River: Relatively safe card and again very disciplined call, since nothing changes from the turn. Some may advise a raise here but it gets ugly if we get 3bet here.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      You're still ahead of his range so I would 3bet him. If you think he's tight and if he 4bet-shoves with QQ+, AK then you might be thinking of folding. Seeing his stats I'm not so sure he does that.

Well I did go into the tank for this one and peruse some of his stats. I really dont think villain is capable of calling with AQ/AJ vs a 3b so that's the reason I didnt 3b, but if I did then yes my line would have been 3b/fold. But obviously AK lives of its FE so we would win the hand immediately if he is stealing.

Even if we are not being results orientated here I think the main mistake is not raising on the flop. He is not folding AQ/AJ here nor will he 3b my raise with these hands so I think it would be an easy raise/fold vs his 3b. I wouldnt go broke on the flop here with TPTK though, especially in a 3b pot because I didnt think he was capable of calling with worse Aces so if he would get aggressive in this instance I would be chopping or up against AA/99 IMO.

Thanks for the help yax :f_thumbsup:
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      I wouldnt go broke on the flop here with TPTK though, especially in a 3b pot because I didnt think he was capable of calling with worse Aces so if he would get aggressive in this instance I would be chopping or up against AA/99 IMO.

Thanks for the help yax :f_thumbsup:
      His calling 3bet range is definitely not 99, I'm sure of that. If you're against AA, tough luck, that's poker. If you chop, ok you both played well (I like your play more, since his calling with AK OOP is not so good, especially if we're in a 3bet pot which we can expect to be big on the flop). But there are times he's calling you even with AQ (agree AJ is a bit optimistic).
      If he checked would you check behind? Board is realy dry but if Q or J hit you definitely won't go broke and will be sorry for not checking his strength on the flop by betting.

As a result of this hand I raised similar dry flop IP with AK and he went broke with AJ so there are this kind of people (not this villain but sometimes they might surprise you :) )

good luck :f_biggrin:
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      If he checked would you check behind?

Hell no. I'm thinking it might be possible to b/f the flop if I get c/r, but then he might do that with AK or AQ like you say. I just hate going broke with one pair type hands atm, maybe I'm tilting because I am used to running quite good.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

His opening range is really nitty so I wouldn't really 3bet it here. Most likely I would have played the same way.

Turn betting doesn't bring us much. I mean from what we getting value? Pretty much nothing, although we might still get something from the river. Nice hand!

Best Regards.