[NL2-NL10] QQ NL10 vs 3b

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Direct fold on the flop?

What range would you give him preflop. 2.5% in equilator is TT+,AKs. Is this realistic since it is BU vs SB? His range may be more like QQ+AKs in which case I should fold to the flop bet here.

I know bluffs in 3b pots are rare but he is cbetting 81% over a good sample and this is a good board for a cbet dont you think? Therefore I thought I could get away with a float if he checks the turn. Or is this too spewy since the pot is large due to the 3b pre?

Thanks

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $10.30
      MP: $10.50
      MP+1: $11.60
      LP: $13.05
      CO: $10.00
      Hero (BTN): $10.77
      SB: $17.40 - 14/5/2.0/22wtsd/1.3K hands - NIT/ROCK - 3b = 2.5%
      BB: $12.03
      UTG: $10.43

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.30, fold, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.70, 2 players) 3:diamond: K:heart: 8:club:
      SB bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

Turn: ($8.10, 2 players) 9:spade:
      SB bets $8.10, fold

SB wins $7.70
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      It's nice to be loud after the hand but this is kind of school example. Sample size is big and having in mind his vpip and pfr we could even fold preflop, since his 3bet range is more like JJ+, AKs.

He cbets almost always but having in mind he only plays so few of them that's quite logical.

I would advise preflop fold.

On flop we can't really float him because even if he checks, we can't really bet because he can c/r or c/c in every case we won't like it.

This is one of the rare situations I would seriously fold QQ preflop.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      thanks yax. I'm not really convinced that we should be willing to fold this to a 3bet in such a spot preflop.

If I had this UTG and villain 3b's from MP then I can fold this without hesitation but since It was folded to me on the BU and I have position I think there is some scope for a call here dont you think? Not that I am ruling out a fold here.

Postflop yeah I agree I shouldnt be floating as I would just be bet/folding such a large amount here.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      If I had this UTG and villain 3b's from MP then I can fold this without hesitation but since It was folded to me on the BU and I have position I think there is some scope for a call here dont you think? Not that I am ruling out a fold here.
      After you said it like this... I agree. We can expect him to play us straight forward on the flop and since we have the position we might take it on the flop if he misses. Also he might have worse hands than ours.

Especially if we have in mind blind defense. Ok, he's probably not 3betting much lighter but let's say you were stealing his blinds often and he decides to 3bet you lighter. I wouldn't count on this very often but I think preflop call is an ok move here.

To be frank I don't understand his pot size cbet? Was he doing it often? Rocks usually do bet strong but why bet so big when you don't need to protect this flop if you hit your K. :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: Vs such a nit you can't really play that profitable. Since you will be against a very strong range here. Just fold the hand. Neither you can't Call for set value.

As played
      Postflop: Just fold it right on flop, I doubt that he is potting with a lot worse.

Best Regards.