Play less win more

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Who finds that playing less means winning more? I'am asking this because a few months ago I started a new reg job, and I've been too burnt too play as much as I did before,60+ hrs a week cuts into poker time.Strangely my plus ev is up. Now I admit to playing fewer tables.But I've started playing the player rather than cards alot more than I did multi tabling.

who has feedback
  • 6 replies
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think playing less time can only helps if you can't concetrate through long sessions.
      Playing less tables however gives us more insight on opponents, which means more actual edge, hence more profit.

I think it's all about finding a balance between not getting bored between actions and not missing out on opponents' pecurial actions. Once you have that, it won't matter how many hours you play overall, imo.

Also, playing less tables improves our game while mass multi tabling is not so much.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Yeah me too. If I playing more than 2 hours, I usually lost.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Definitely playing less works and so does playing less tables

But everyones "LESS" is dependent on their level of concentration.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      i play max 4 tables

$3.50 + $1.5 SNG OR $3.50 + $15.50 SNG depend on my mood

Side game while playing above

$0.10 tour 360max + $0.25 Tour 45max- you dont need much skill/concentration to reach ITM place in these tour.

The SNG i put more concentration, at the moment im making 53% ITM playing SNG above.

So, i agree with u play less more win. If i play alot tables, i cant figure out who is shark who is fish, who is tight who is loose etc etc...

I think those whos playing 26 tables or more playing their card n not their opponents.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      If you are playing less because you are playing fewer tables and paying more attention to each table, of course your ROI can improve.

If you are playing less because you have no time to play, the result will be a small sample. It is easy to run very well (or very badly) in a small sample.

There can be some subtle benefits to playing less. It could also be that you are playing at a time of the day when the games are softer. When you play less, regs have fewer hands on you, and perhaps this matters more with your style than that you have fewer hands on others. However, I think the small sample size is the most likely explanation.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I've been playing less for about 6 months,not just the last month or two.I think not playing everyday lets me relax more and see the game in a different way.I still have days were I can't win to save my life. Now I just go do something else,way more than I would have before the last few months.

I've also started playing MTT more, which I think also gives me a different feel for SNG's which are what I play the most. So the combination of changes in my game may have as much to do with my improvement.