BB: $2.00
      UTG: $11.93
      UTG+1: $10.79
      MP: $5.40
      MP+1: $6.71
      CO: $4.45

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.50, MP+1 calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.95, 3 players) 3:heart: 8:diamond: 7:heart:
      UTG checks, MP+1 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, UTG calls $1.00

Turn: ($4.95, 3 players) 6:heart:
      UTG checks, MP+1 checks, Hero bets $3.00, UTG calls $3.00, fold

River: ($10.95, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG bets $7.33, fold

Flop: I was thinking about RR on this street but I decided to just call because I had player behind to me.
      Turn: What do you think about betting there? I think decision was correct, I didn't want to give nobody free card on the river.
  • 14 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Don't really see why we should bet into multiway pot. What worse hands will Call you there? FD complete/SD completed/sets possible/a lot of 2pair combos possible. Standard Check behind.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      It doesn't matter what kind of hand I have here lets say JJ+, I have to check behind?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      It doesn't matter what kind of hand I have here lets say JJ+, I have to check behind?
      Nope, not really. You are in multiway pot, you will hardly see a lot worse hands here.
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      Why don't you raise Flop? I mean there are so many Draws out there. And he Limp Calls preflop. Plus it's a multiway pot and your hand is likely to be the best.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lukezo
      Why don't you raise Flop? I mean there are so many Draws out there. And he Limp Calls preflop. Plus it's a multiway pot and your hand is likely to be the best.
      Because you will be isolating against very strong hands there as sets and make a lot worse to fold. :) Not really worth to take the risky line to just protect your hand while you could already be against very strong hands being in such a multiway pot.
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      I don't agree. That's because there are much much more combinations of drawing hands than Sets&2 Pairs. I don't think Opp folds all his Draws when he Bets them.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      why don't you agree?
      On the flop we couldn't rr because we had one more opponent to act who was just checked. We didn't know what he wanted to do. Maybe he was slowplaying set. This is first thing which caused that we had to just call. Second thing. If we were thinking about rr on this board we had to do this for huge amount x4.5 so it'd be about $4.5. What kind of hands call bet like this? Do you think that flush draw or straight would have called it? Worse PP like 99, TT? I don't think so. So if we rr, better hands will call, worse hand will fold. This is isolation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't agree. That's because there are much much more combinations of drawing hands than Sets&2 Pairs. I don't think Opp folds all his Draws when he Bets them.
      LoL, and what do you do if you get 3bet on flop? :D
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      Fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold.
      Well, why do you raise in first place then? :D You could do that with any2 hands not with value-hands. :) While you might even have showdown value here you should rather take pot control.
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      Well, we obviously don't have same opinion here. That's ok, that's poker. Although we forget one thing when figuring out the best play in spot like this: The Opponent. And this are Microstakes we are playing:)

Here's a hand I played yesterday:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.31
      SB:
      $4.00
      BB:
      $5.38
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.16
      CO:
      $5.72

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.5) 9, 5, 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.5) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50(All-In), BB calls $2.50.

River: ($8.5) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.5.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of tens(T T).
      BB shows a pair of nines(J 9).

Hero wins with a pair of tens(T T).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I still don't get your point. You haven't really given me any other reasons, why we should ever Raise/Fold with our overpair there. :D I mean as you pasted now a hand even, you practically went broke with it. Why do you plan to Raise/Fold then? :)

If you think Raise/Folding is the best play there then go for it! But your logic doesn't sound really logical, at one point to are talking about going broke with the overpair and another point you are telling me that you would fold there. So which play then?
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      The reasoning for a Raise/Fold is that I expect people on micros to push their made hands and to Call their Draws. That's because a Raise on Flop looks so strong that people Reraise with made hands because they are sure opponent will call. Offcourse opp also sometimes slowplays their made hands vs Raise on Flop, depends on the type of player.

It also depends on the opponent a lot, if he's passive and 3Bets flop I probably fold. If he's agressive with draws I might consider calling.

My hand above was against an Agressive bluffy opponent and No, I would not fold vs his 3B flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The reasoning for a Raise/Fold is that I expect people on micros to push their made hands and to Call their Draws. That's because a Raise on Flop looks so strong that people Reraise with made hands because they are sure opponent will call. Offcourse opp also sometimes slowplays their made hands vs Raise on Flop, depends on the type of player.

It also depends on the opponent a lot, if he's passive and 3Bets flop I probably fold. If he's agressive with draws I might consider calling.

My hand above was against an Agressive bluffy opponent and No, I would not fold vs his 3B flop.
      And if he Calls and you bet again on turn and will be pretty much committed? No way you can get away. :) What about that? Therefore Raise/Folding doesn't make sense ever here.