Are Freerolls harder than Normal 1 Dollar MTT?

• Xeonz123
      So my friend whos also in to his poker told me that Freerolls are harder than micro stake tournements , What are you thoughts on this? I dont really do buyin tournements but do occasionaly play freerolls for fun, I ussually out last 90 % Of the player base tournements and dont really see the difficulty. However his point is that there are so many donks, And cause of that so many bad beats in FreeRolls its less to control the field is this true?.
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      Freerolls generally speaking have a very low level of play, because most of the people either don't know how to play or do not care or both. The also generally have a large field with a quite small payout structure and a fast blind structure. These factors tend to increase the variance and decrease the skill edge.

So it is not really that they are harder but that there is less skill and more luck involved.

Luck is reduced and skill edge increased with a smaller field, slower blind structure, bigger stack among other things.

• Hahaownedlolz
      Basically wat Thazar said. they usually have bad payout structures, very fast blind structures. and the prizepool being very little vs amount of players.

This makes it incredibly hard to build up a roll with freerolls from my experience.. since making like ~$50 with freerolls is no easy job on the sites i've played on atleast.

I'd say micro tournaments the play is definetly better though.. there are more regulars and grinders playing there then in freerolls. But both easily beatable.