Forever Running Kings into Aces - My Journey

• luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Wanna keep a record of my new start as a cash player - so here goes :)

So, I stumbled upon Poker Strategy a few days ago.
      A free $50 if you passed a quiz - sounds like a good deal!
      So, I took the quiz - and failed....
      Right, let's try again, but this time actually read the articles - and I passed. A day later I have fifty bucks in Everest Poker.

4 days on and I have increased it to $78 playing $0.01/$0.02 - £23 profit, and I have also deposited $5.
      Sooooo, pretty pleased with the start...

What do I wanna achieve?? I wanna be a regular high stakes player, make a nice income from poker - but mainly become the best poker player I can be.

Got to start somewhere - so the grind is on.

Early targets : Gain 5 Summit Points a day at Everest to get 7 $1000 freeroll tickets.
      Gain Gold status on poker strategy in November.
      Build the bankroll to $125 to get to $0.03/$0.05 some time in November.
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey luigivampa99,

Welcome to the Blog section :)

A very nice intro there with some lofty goals, but as you said you have to start somewhere and they only way is up!

I wish you every success in this path and I hope you make these goals.

[x] Subscribed

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blog section and good luck to you Luigi. :)

Ingrid
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Saturday report : Managed a thousand hands today and moved bankroll from $78 to $81

Managed my fifth consecutive day of 5 summit points, so will get 7 tickets to $1000 freerolls now - hopefully that might give my bankroll a quick shot in the arm :P
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Sunday was good :P

Didn't manage a super long session but won four and a half buy-ins - so my bankroll moved from $81 to $90.
      I gotta say I did have a bit of fortune - my big hands held, and I had one big hand where I sucked out nicely. (I flopped a nutflush draw and 2nd pair in a blind versus blind battle, when the SB flopped a set - we both were all in, and I hit my flush on the river).

So right now it's flipping great :D

Onwards and upwards!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luigivampa99
      Sunday was good :P

Didn't manage a super long session but won four and a half buy-ins - so my bankroll moved from $81 to $90.
      I gotta say I did have a bit of fortune - my big hands held, and I had one big hand where I sucked out nicely. (I flopped a nutflush draw and 2nd pair in a blind versus blind battle, when the SB flopped a set - we both were all in, and I hit my flush on the river).

So right now it's flipping great :D

Onwards and upwards!
      Better to be lucky than unlucky :D

Don't be too hard on yourself either, Poker is a huge learning curve!

Keep up the run good and don't forget that reviewing you play and keeping a constant study pattern is also very important.

Onwards and upwards like you said!

Gary
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary :)

Now wednesday morning and it's got pretty slow, but my bankroll has increased slightly from $90 to $92 - had a couple of days where I seem to be getting great 2nd hands (flop a K high flush when a villain flops the Ace high flush, and set over set etc)

But not gonna complain - I'm winning.

Received an e-mail from Everest asking me to verify my account, and did that just now - which is a right pain in the arse - but it is done, and I can't complain - playing with free money!

Achieved silver status on here on the last day of the month, which was cool - opens up a lot more of the site.
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Going pretty well I have to say :)

Got my bankroll up to $107 from $92 in the last couple of days.
      $10 is profit, and I made a $5 deposit to get into the big freeroll next week.

So $18 away from moving up stakes.
      Could take anything from 2 days to 2 months knowing poker...
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Balance is now sitting at $122 - so just three bucks till I move up to the heady heights of $0.03/$0.05

More importantly though is that I feel my game has improved a lot. $0.01/$0.02 is a very straightforward game, and a lot of the profit has come from AIPF's against weaker hands - but I'm really focusing on player types and extracting as much as possible from everyone including the regs.
      I've been running at 26 bb/100 hands, so I'm looking forward to moving up stakes.
      I'm hoping it won't take an age before I'm playing NL25 - if I can get there I will be delighted.
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      $125!!!
      Seeya $0.01/$0.02 - won't be coming back!! (hopefully)
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Started at $0.03/$0.05 today and had a disastrous start...

Found myself 3 and a half buy-ins down after just 200 hands X(
      Not all my own fault - managed to flop a set against KK, and a K hit on the river - and missed loads of outs when all-in on a draw twice.

But managed to win it all back - had a lovely slice of luck, when I was AIPF with QQ, against TWO villains both with KK, and binked a beautiful Queen (the best looking lady I've seen in a long time).

My balance is now up to $136 - which is cool, and I'm on the road to $250 now - so I can play $0.05/$0.10
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Played a lot yesterday - but a break even day at the tables.
      Did run a little bit bad as was $4 under ev, but managed to clear $4 of bonus.
      So my bankroll is now up to $141.