This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Forever Running Kings into Aces - My Journey

• luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Wanna keep a record of my new start as a cash player - so here goes :)

So, I stumbled upon Poker Strategy a few days ago.
      A free $50 if you passed a quiz - sounds like a good deal!
      So, I took the quiz - and failed....
      Right, let's try again, but this time actually read the articles - and I passed. A day later I have fifty bucks in Everest Poker.

4 days on and I have increased it to $78 playing $0.01/$0.02 - £23 profit, and I have also deposited $5.
      Sooooo, pretty pleased with the start...

What do I wanna achieve?? I wanna be a regular high stakes player, make a nice income from poker - but mainly become the best poker player I can be.

Got to start somewhere - so the grind is on.

Early targets : Gain 5 Summit Points a day at Everest to get 7 $1000 freeroll tickets.
      Gain Gold status on poker strategy in November.
      Build the bankroll to $125 to get to $0.03/$0.05 some time in November.
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey luigivampa99,

Welcome to the Blog section :)

A very nice intro there with some lofty goals, but as you said you have to start somewhere and they only way is up!

I wish you every success in this path and I hope you make these goals.

[x] Subscribed

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blog section and good luck to you Luigi. :)

Ingrid
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Saturday report : Managed a thousand hands today and moved bankroll from $78 to $81

Managed my fifth consecutive day of 5 summit points, so will get 7 tickets to $1000 freerolls now - hopefully that might give my bankroll a quick shot in the arm :P
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Sunday was good :P

Didn't manage a super long session but won four and a half buy-ins - so my bankroll moved from $81 to $90.
      I gotta say I did have a bit of fortune - my big hands held, and I had one big hand where I sucked out nicely. (I flopped a nutflush draw and 2nd pair in a blind versus blind battle, when the SB flopped a set - we both were all in, and I hit my flush on the river).

So right now it's flipping great :D

Onwards and upwards!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luigivampa99
      Sunday was good :P

Didn't manage a super long session but won four and a half buy-ins - so my bankroll moved from $81 to $90.
      I gotta say I did have a bit of fortune - my big hands held, and I had one big hand where I sucked out nicely. (I flopped a nutflush draw and 2nd pair in a blind versus blind battle, when the SB flopped a set - we both were all in, and I hit my flush on the river).

So right now it's flipping great :D

Onwards and upwards!
      Better to be lucky than unlucky :D

Don't be too hard on yourself either, Poker is a huge learning curve!

Keep up the run good and don't forget that reviewing you play and keeping a constant study pattern is also very important.

Onwards and upwards like you said!

Gary
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary :)

Now wednesday morning and it's got pretty slow, but my bankroll has increased slightly from $90 to $92 - had a couple of days where I seem to be getting great 2nd hands (flop a K high flush when a villain flops the Ace high flush, and set over set etc)

But not gonna complain - I'm winning.

Received an e-mail from Everest asking me to verify my account, and did that just now - which is a right pain in the arse - but it is done, and I can't complain - playing with free money!

Achieved silver status on here on the last day of the month, which was cool - opens up a lot more of the site.
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Going pretty well I have to say :)

Got my bankroll up to $107 from $92 in the last couple of days.
      $10 is profit, and I made a $5 deposit to get into the big freeroll next week.

So $18 away from moving up stakes.
      Could take anything from 2 days to 2 months knowing poker...
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Balance is now sitting at $122 - so just three bucks till I move up to the heady heights of $0.03/$0.05

More importantly though is that I feel my game has improved a lot. $0.01/$0.02 is a very straightforward game, and a lot of the profit has come from AIPF's against weaker hands - but I'm really focusing on player types and extracting as much as possible from everyone including the regs.
      I've been running at 26 bb/100 hands, so I'm looking forward to moving up stakes.
      I'm hoping it won't take an age before I'm playing NL25 - if I can get there I will be delighted.
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      $125!!!
      Seeya $0.01/$0.02 - won't be coming back!! (hopefully)
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Started at $0.03/$0.05 today and had a disastrous start...

Found myself 3 and a half buy-ins down after just 200 hands X(
      Not all my own fault - managed to flop a set against KK, and a K hit on the river - and missed loads of outs when all-in on a draw twice.

But managed to win it all back - had a lovely slice of luck, when I was AIPF with QQ, against TWO villains both with KK, and binked a beautiful Queen (the best looking lady I've seen in a long time).

My balance is now up to $136 - which is cool, and I'm on the road to $250 now - so I can play $0.05/$0.10
    • luigivampa99
      luigivampa99
      Bronze
      Played a lot yesterday - but a break even day at the tables.
      Did run a little bit bad as was $4 under ev, but managed to clear $4 of bonus.
      So my bankroll is now up to $141.