This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - Plan vs aggressive ss

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25
      BU:
      $11,75

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2,55, BU raises to $11,75 (All-In), Hero calls $9,20.

Flop: ($23,65) K:diamond: , 4:club: , 3:club:
      Turn: ($23,65) 3:spade:
      River: ($23,65) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23,65

How does my plan against such an aggressive ss look like when i'm on CO/BU and when i'm in the Blinds.

My thoughts are that i still steal with a wide range but only raise 2.5bb from Lateposition.
      Blinddefense: i don't really know how i should react since his range is wide but he also seems to ship alot to 3B. Is the samplesize the problem? If he raises from BU, should i just 3B with AJ+,99+ and call with weaker hands since he don't play good postflop?
      Or should i 3B wider (2.5x his raise) since his BU range is so weak?

Edit: after looking through all his showdown hands it seems like he 4B with JJ,AK from BU
      And 3BAI with 77+,AK but i gues this range should be even wider.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since he would likely only play pre-flop game and you don´t have to worry about playing postflop I would:
      3-bet/call with 88+, AQ+, maybe also AJ and KQ if he is willing to 4-bet shove with very wide range
      3-bet/fold with Ax, Kx hands, since they have blockers and if he would fold too much my 3-bets it is profitable to widen your 3-bet range
      likely call with broadway hands and some JTs, T9s hands, since they flop quite good and if you hit your draw you can profitable c/rai on the flop.

I would generally 3-bet for value oop 3:1 ration (good vs bluff hands), but if he folds basically always to your 3-bets you can also widen it 3:2. Also just opening min-raise on the BU against aggressive SS should be fine, since he usually has 10+ tables open and plays quite straight forward.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Thx for this great detailed answer. Will try it that way and adjust it when i know more about his 3B/4B ranges.