DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $5.14
      CO: $5.42
      Hero (BTN): $5.07
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $2.62

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with 5 :spade: 5 :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.45) A :heart: 8 :heart: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.95) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

River: ($2.75) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.65 all in, Hero calls $3.65

The Villain is relatively unknown but 16/10/0.5 over 60 hands and hasn't folded to Cbet even once over 3 samples so Cbetting half the pot in this doesn't make sense unless we beat flush, so he has a good reason to call with tons of things.

However, on turn we hit the bottom set and on river I am pretty lost, can we ever call the river profitably against his range? The villain hasn't 3bet even once for 26 samples. I assume he would just 3bet AA/KK/QQ and nothing more.
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      You can only really beat AQ here and he likely check raises the turn with AQ. Looks like he has some Axdd hand to me since i think he cehck raises the turn with his strong made hands (sets etc)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MikaIV,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Well, first of all i don't like that much your CB size on flop. You kinda induce him to float you or even bluff against you. At the same time you giving great odds for any draw. If you had Ax would you also bet like 1/2 pot size bet? I doubt that, according the line it's really the nuts on turn from your side and if I would be playing myself I'd snap-fold any Ax there.

As played the river is kinda cruel and most likely it's even rather a fold for us. For the given part that I just don't see many hands which would shove like that. People usually don't shove like that with just 2pairs or anything similar. Also while being in 6max and against a nit.

Best Regards.