This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How many tournaments to consider ROI?

• 6 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      around 25.000 depending on avg field size
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Even though, I generally don't play MTT's, I think ihufa is not kidding here.
      Tourneys with thousands of people have a huge variance, so your ROI will drastically change with making the top 3.

200 is waaaay too little. Not really worth thinking about even if you were talking about 45-man tourneys.
    • Groging
      Groging
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      How many MTTs should I play for my return of investment % to be reliable? Are 200 enough for example?
      200 not enough even for 9-max no-turbo.

it`s strongly depend from field size.

for 45-man maybe (maybe!) 3000-5000 is enough
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Hello,

good question.
      In my opinion, You probably need 2000+ to start considering it.

but keep an eye on how often you make the money.
      Lets say you make the money 9% of the time and then after 1500 tournaments you got 50% R.O.I chances are you got super lucky in a few tournaments. But if you make the money 18% of the time and your r.o.i is 30+% then you are likely playing a very solid game.

good luck at the tables
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amanofhisword
      Hello,

good question.
      In my opinion, You probably need 2000+ to start considering it.

but keep an eye on how often you make the money.
      Lets say you make the money 9% of the time and then after 1500 tournaments you got 50% R.O.I chances are you got super lucky in a few tournaments. But if you make the money 18% of the time and your r.o.i is 30+% then you are likely playing a very solid game.

good luck at the tables
      Making deeper runs less often >>>> Mincashing 18%
      So I would disagree with all of what you said.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I agree with metza,

mincashing isn't what you should be looking for. A very high ITM% will often lead to very little ROI. Furthermore it indicates some leaks in bubble and late game play.

You can make first assumptions on being a winning player or not after 1k games. To get a realistic ROI you need way more.

Again: Please don't bump all these old threads just because you want some postings. There is no point in answering threads that were dead for years.

Regards,
      Asaban