• 6 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      around 25.000 depending on avg field size
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Even though, I generally don't play MTT's, I think ihufa is not kidding here.
      Tourneys with thousands of people have a huge variance, so your ROI will drastically change with making the top 3.

200 is waaaay too little. Not really worth thinking about even if you were talking about 45-man tourneys.
    • Groging
      Groging
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      How many MTTs should I play for my return of investment % to be reliable? Are 200 enough for example?
      200 not enough even for 9-max no-turbo.

it`s strongly depend from field size.

for 45-man maybe (maybe!) 3000-5000 is enough
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Hello,

good question.
      In my opinion, You probably need 2000+ to start considering it.

but keep an eye on how often you make the money.
      Lets say you make the money 9% of the time and then after 1500 tournaments you got 50% R.O.I chances are you got super lucky in a few tournaments. But if you make the money 18% of the time and your r.o.i is 30+% then you are likely playing a very solid game.

good luck at the tables
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amanofhisword
      Hello,

good question.
      In my opinion, You probably need 2000+ to start considering it.

but keep an eye on how often you make the money.
      Lets say you make the money 9% of the time and then after 1500 tournaments you got 50% R.O.I chances are you got super lucky in a few tournaments. But if you make the money 18% of the time and your r.o.i is 30+% then you are likely playing a very solid game.

good luck at the tables
      Making deeper runs less often >>>> Mincashing 18%
      So I would disagree with all of what you said.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I agree with metza,

mincashing isn't what you should be looking for. A very high ITM% will often lead to very little ROI. Furthermore it indicates some leaks in bubble and late game play.

You can make first assumptions on being a winning player or not after 1k games. To get a realistic ROI you need way more.

Again: Please don't bump all these old threads just because you want some postings. There is no point in answering threads that were dead for years.

Regards,
      Asaban