[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK in 3-bet pot.

• Meemawuk
      When he flats my 3-bet i give him TT/JJ/QQ and AK. I dont really like his donk, but I feel like if i raise him, he folds pretty everything except QQ so I decide to just cll. Turn is horrific, now I can only beat AK and TT so I check back. He bets so small on the river so I suppose its possible that he has a bluff, but I cant really beat anything. Just fold it on the river?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, CO folds, SB calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.20) Q:club: , 4:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.34, Hero calls $2.34.

Turn: ($7.88) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7.88) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.3, Hero calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $12.48

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jd Jc)
      Hero shows (Kh Kd)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jd Jc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

That's really sicko board. I might even sometimes make a crying fold there on river. If he would be normal player then he would never bluff this board, 3bet pot. Most likely most of the hands even got there and it's rather a bluff-induce. Unless he really plays AQ this way.

And while he can't have that many drawing hands on flop by that I mean like A:dK or whatsoever since we are holding the K, I just can't really see many hands what we beat. You can even consider folding the river but obviously really hard for the given odds. Doubt that he would even bluff the river anyways in 3bet pot but rather would try to bluff the turn.

Best Regards.